Chapter 2: Arrival of a New Day!

The sun slowly rises over the horizon, its light shining on to the lands of Fiore and signaling the start of a new day. Birds could be heard chirping as they fly through the sky. The people of Fiore are slowly getting to work, rising into the new day. With a wonderful weather like this, taking on a job sounds like a great idea! Speaking of jobs, a certain individual in the dormitory of Fairy Hills might have already forgotten about it. Unfortunately for this individual, the sun's rays shone through her window's curtains, lighting her face and sending a sharp tingle to her eyes. Her response? She pulled her blanket up to her face. Safe from the sun. Back to sleep. Though, her sleep was not going to last that much longer as she felt a voice calling out to her as well as being poked by tiny paws.

"Wendy! Time to get up!" Carla attempted to pull the blanket off her. Her voiced indicated she was not happy with her sleeping in.

"Mhhmmm...." was all Wendy could voice under the blankets.

"Wendy Marvell! Wake up this instant!" She jumped on to the bed, ready to take more serious action.

"5 more minutes..."

"You will not be taking this attitude with me, child!" Carla sprouted her wings and ripped the blanket away from Wendy's cold body. Finally, Wendy shifted uncomfortably into a sitting position, her eyes still closed.

"Carla, give it back..." Wendy yawned, her hands seeking the blanket that was taken from her. She was clearly more interested in dreamland.

Carla flew to the window and spread open the curtains, allowing the full force of the sun's ray to illuminate the entire room, including Wendy's eyes.

"Hey! Carla!" Wendy instinctively covered her eyes with her hands. "You're so mean!" She pouted.

"Finally awake now, child?" Carla landed on the bed, sighing at Wendy.

"Yes, yes, I'm awake." She was going to have to rise, whether she liked it or not, for the nagging cat in front of her was having none of it.

"I heard you went home early last night. You should have gotten a good night's sleep, don't you think?" Carla crossed her arms.

"Last night? Oh yeah..." Memories from last night flooded to her mind. Indeed, she did go home early last night, with Natsu accompanying her. She only decided to go back early because she didn't want Natsu and Lucy alone together at her apartment. She doubted Natsu would ever make a move on such a defenseless and pretty girl, but just in case, she still went with him.

"Right? You shouldn't have any excuse to sleep in now. Come on, chop chop." Carla clapped her hands twice then jumped on to the floor and walked towards the door. "Get yourself ready, we need to head to the guild in about an hour to meet with the others." Carla pointed at the clock.

Wendy glanced at the clock. True enough, they didn't have all day to get to the guild. Wendy stretched her arms and fingers upwards, resulting in some satisfying cracks.

"Carla, why do we need to get to the guild so early, anyway?" Still sleepy, Wendy stood up from her bed and was directly met with a glare from Carla.

"Wendy, did you forget?" Carla shook her head.

"Ah..." Wendy scratched her cheek. She took a few moments to remember what was supposed to be happening today. The gears in her head slowly snapped in the right places.

"Wendy." Carla said with more authority in her voice.

"O-of course I remember! We were heading on a job together with the others, right?" Wendy forced an awkward laugh and panicked a bit, not wanting to get another lecture from the white cat. That's the last thing I need. Even Natsu told her not to forget, yet she still did.