Chapter 12: Spending Time with You, Part 1

"Hmmm... like this? No, maybe this is better..."

"You've been standing in front of the mirror for 20 minutes now, child."

The girl in question, Wendy Marvell, was adjusting her clothes in front of the mirror in her room. She's been paying close attention to minute details, for instance... the position of her beanie hat?

"And just... what are you wearing? I don't approve this... weird getup."

"Oh, this?" Wendy was wearing a set of clothes Erza had chosen for her yesterday when she was dragged to go shopping. She was wearing an open-chest white sweater with long sleeves and tight black jeans. On her head was a red beanie hat meant to match her ear attachments. "Erza chose this for me yesterday." She gave a twirl around and smiled. "Doesn't it make me look sexy?"

"Huh..." Carla observed how the clothes tightly hugged her petite figure. Those jeans... She noticed how the jeans emphasized the curves from her waist down to her slightly ample thighs. That fits too well... Erza, I'd have to commend you on that. "Still, you're most definitely going to get some weird looks from people... especially guys."

"Come on, Carla... let me wear what I want." Wendy puffed her cheeks and folded her arms. "Besides, I don't mind. Natsu will take care of them for me if they do." She said with a cheerful grin.

Why are you saying that so happily? "I mean, that's true..." Carla pinched the bridge of her nose and sighed. Admittedly, she wouldn't have to worry much about that. Anyone who's laid their eyes on Lucy when Natsu was there wouldn't live to see another day. She never saw him being overprotective of any girl besides Lucy. Maybe he would treat Wendy the same way. I guess. He was a rather aggressive gentleman in his own right.

"Anyway, do you really have to go through all this preparation? You guys are just hanging out, right? It's like you're going on a date instead."

"That's fine too, right? I want to look my best." Wendy fluffed her twin-tails in front of the mirror, making sure they looked pretty.

Carla's eyes widened. "Wow. You're not denying it this time, huh." Surprising, she must be really excited.

Wendy grabbed the perfume bottle off the table and sprayed it around her multiple times. She sniffed a few times. Smells good, I hope Natsu likes this... "Alright, I'm all set!" She struck a cutesy pose in front of Carla. "How do I look?"

"Well, any guy that isn't Natsu is going to fall for you, that's for sure. You look good." Carla gave a thumbs up of approval.

"Eheh, thanks..." Wendy scratched her cheek in slight embarrassment. She has some high expectations that this will get Natsu to notice her more. She's depending on the perfume, especially.

"So, do you want me to accompany you?"

"Ah? Well, if you don't mind... I'd prefer to go alone." She twiddled her fingers awkwardly, looking off to the side.

"Ahah, I see." Carla nodded, having expected she would answer that. "Alright then, don't let me keep you waiting. Go and have fun on your date." She raised a paw in approval.

"Thank you, Carla. Really." Wendy gave Carla a quick hug. "I'll be off now. Wish me luck!" Wendy opened the door and waved to Carla. She then exited the room and closed the door.

Carla placed her ears against the wall, paying attention to the decreasing sound of footsteps outside the room, until they can't be heard no more.

"Sorry, Wendy." Carla transformed into her human form. She put on a hat and sunglasses, which she pulled from under the bed. "I'm just making sure that nothing's going to go wrong. Yeah." She assured herself she was just going to make sure their 'date' was going well. She was just worried because... it was Natsu. She believed Natsu wouldn't dare do anything to break Wendy's heart, but seeing how Wendy was so cheerful this morning and full of expectations, she couldn't help but feel worried Natsu would damper her mood, intentionally or not. With that said, she opened the door and followed after Wendy.