Chapter 22: Separation

After talking with Lisanna about the matters of the heart, Natsu and Happy made way to Lucy's apartment to talk about tomorrow's date.

"Hey, Natsu?"

"Yeah, buddy?"

"When we get to Lucy's apartment, you should probably keep quiet about Wendy's confession." Happy advised.

"... Why's that?"

"It would... create some problems between you and Lucy... like Lisanna said."

"... Yeah." Natsu nodded.

"... Oh?" Happy raised an eyebrow. He wasn't expecting him to listen easily.

"... Lucy would be jealous, wouldn't she? She might feel... I don't know... hurt, knowing Wendy has feelings for me." Natsu slowed his pace. "I don't want to cause any problems between Lucy and Wendy..."

"... Aye, sir." Happy flew in front of him. Natsu seemed to be taking this more seriously than he expected.

As Lucy's apartment started appearing in full view, Natsu's mind was drawn to Wendy. He was worried about her. They didn't exactly end on a pleasant note. Gray and Erza are with her... they'll take care of her for sure. He wanted to be there for her, but he had faith his friends would be by her side. Would she even want to see me after this?

Natsu raised his head, noticing the window to Lucy's bedroom was unlocked. She doesn't leave it open usually. Normally, he would take this opportunity and boost himself up... but he didn't feel like it for some reason. He'd just walk through the front door as Lucy prefers him to.

"Hey, I left my window open for a reason, you know!" A voice called out.

"Lucy?" Natsu stepped away from the door and looked at the window.

"It's not like you to go through the front door like a normal person!" Lucy shouted, popping her head out of the window.

"Haha, I just felt like it." Natsu grinned.

"Well, get in here! I was waiting for you." Lucy moved away from the window.

"Alright, then... ally-up!" Natsu jumped on to the wall and scaled it until he reached Lucy's window, and rolled in. Happy soon followed and flew in. "Sorry I'm late. I went to the guild for a bit."

"Oh, it's fine!" Lucy took some snacks out from her drawer. "Why did you go to the guild?"

"I... talked with Lisanna about... stuff." Natsu said, taking a seat on the floor.

"Oh, Lisanna... I see." I wonder what they talked about. Lucy sat on her bed. "Hey, you don't have to sit on the floor, get over here." She patted the spot beside her.

"Ahah, okay." Natsu did as followed, sitting beside her.

"So what did you talk about with Lisanna? If I had to guess, was it about me?" Lucy asked in a teasing manner.

"... Yeah." Natsu replied bluntly.

"... O-Oh." A faint red dyed her cheeks. She didn't expect Natsu to outright admit it.

"I just... asked her some advice about feelings and all that. She also taught me about... jealousy." Natsu laid his back on the bed.

"Jealousy? That's interesting to hear." Lucy opened a packet of chips and offered it to Natsu and Happy.

"Yeah... uh..." Natsu scratched his neck. "Lucy, I've got a question about jealousy."

"Shoot."

"Do you... get jealous when I'm with other girls? I've been told that... happens when you're in love."