Chapter 20: Let's act it out!

"So are you going to tell me where you are going, exactly?" The white Exceed asked.

"In a moment, Carla." The blue-haired girl answered dryly.

It's a brand new morning with the Sun shining its rays on to the lands of Fiore. Wendy is walking on a little adventure to see a certain individual for advice on the matters of the heart. So, why is she looking for this person?

Yesterday, she had to witness the shocking revelation of Lucy confessing her feelings to Natsu. This had led to Natsu going on his own personal journey of trying to understand about feelings and love. Wendy had to admit... she was afraid if eventually Natsu ended up returning Lucy's feelings. It wasn't something she wanted, but at the same time, she still felt like an awful friend for thinking about Lucy like that. To secretly hope they don't end up together.

"I see a house over there..." Carla flew over Wendy's shoulder and pointed her paws.

"Oh, that must be it!" Wendy quickened her pace.

"Are you looking for someone?"

"You could say that."

Soon, the house started appearing in full view. It looked like a cozy cottage in the woods, surrounded by fields of flowers. There was a fence surrounding it with an opening.

Wendy and Carla entered through the opening and saw a figure in the distance, watering the plants.

"I see someone... is that the person you're looking for?" Carla asked.

"Miss Anna!" Wendy waved her hands.

The figure, now known as Anna, raised her head and turned in Wendy's direction. Anna's expression immediately brightened upon realizing it was Wendy. "Oh, Wendy and Carla! I wasn't expecting visitors anytime soon!" Anna placed her watering can on the ground and walked to Wendy.

"Hello! Sorry for the sudden visit! I hope you don't- MMMH!"

"It's so good to see you, Wendy! I missed you!" Anna pulled Wendy into a tight hug, unintentionally burying Wendy in her chest.

I can't... breathe! Wendy tried to squirm out of her hug. She tried to voice out her distress, but she was unable to. Anna's chest was suffocating.

"Oh, dear..." Carla smirked.

Anna finally let her go out of her bear hug. "How have you been, Wendy?"

Wendy took a few steps back, taking in big gasps of air. "Huff... huff... I'm doing great, Miss Anna."

"You don't have to be so formal with me, Wendy. 'Anna' will do just fine." Anna gave her a gentle smile.

"O-Oh okay, Miss-... I mean, Anna." Wendy smiled awkwardly.

"That's better! Why don't you two come inside? I'm sure you must be a little tired coming here." Anna ushered them to follow her to her house.

Wendy and Carla looked at each other, then proceeded to follow her.

Carla perched on Wendy's head and whispered. "So, the person you wanted to see is... Lucy's ancestor?"

"Yep." Wendy nodded.

"Do you want to ask her about Natsu?"

"... More or less."

"Hmmm." Carla hummed in response. This has taken an interesting turn. Anna is not someone that usually comes to mind...

Anna Heartfilia, Lucy's ancestor from 400 years ago. She was the teacher and caretaker of the five dragon slayers sent from the past, including Wendy and Natsu. She also knitted Natsu's white scarf from Igneel's fallen scales. Currently, she's become a teacher for little children in a small village. Wendy wanted to see Anna because she saw her as a kind, motherly figure. Anna also knew Natsu and Wendy well, so she felt she could be open about her feelings.