Chapter 39.5-GRUVIA: Enough waiting.

Haloha there! A short chapter dedicated for the Gruvia fans out there! It's totally optional to read this chapter as there's no main story or NaWen development. It solely focuses on Gray and Juvia's relationship. Anyhow, enjoy reading!

_________

During Chapter 39...

"I'll head to the hot springs first." Gray told them. "I'll wait for you two."

"Sure." Jellal nodded.

Gray pushed past the curtains and was immediately greeted with the sight of wide hot springs. Its springs glowed a calming white light, exuding a holy and pure presence. White and dense fog rose into the air, making their vision a little hazy. Wooden walls ran around the perimeters, carved with intricate shapes and details, which gave it a traditional feel.

Wow. Gray said in awe. This is one pretty big area for a hot spring... his attention shifted to the sky because it was suddenly nighttime, and the bright moon could be seen above. Huh, I'm sensing spatial magic...

"Hey, Gray."

"Hmmm...?" Gray turned to the voice and saw Wendy approaching him. She was wearing a towel which reached from her chest down to her thighs. "Oh, Wendy. Where's Erza and Juvia?"

"They're still changing."

"I see." He nodded. "Natsu and Jellal are, too."

"Mhmm..." she wanted to ask where Natsu was but she found her answer.

Gray stared at the quiet sky for a moment. Juvia... she graced his mind. He didn't know how he felt about having a bath with her. But at the same time, he felt this was a good opportunity...

"Wendy."

"What is it, Gray?"

"Do you still... remember that bet I made with you a while ago?" he asked, faintly blushing.

"The bet...?" Wendy stroked her chin for a moment, pondering his words. It then clicked in her mind. "Oh! You mean...?" The words from that day flashed through her mind.

"If he returns your feelings, I will... confess my feelings to Juvia, no hesitation!"

In a light-hearted manner, Gray made a bet to Wendy that he'd confess his feelings to Juvia if Natsu (he didn't know who it was at the time) returned her feelings. He only did it to cheer up Wendy because she was so down in the dumps. But now that Natsu and Wendy are dating...

"I was surprised... shocked even, when I realized it was Natsu you were talking about." Gray ran his hand through the water beside him. "I'm even more shocked he had the guts to confess his feelings to you."

I was surprised, too... Wendy smiled in response. She vividly remembered how her heart tingled at his confession. Being straightforward is the Natsu way, after all.

"But... I'm truly happy for both of you." He patted her head softly. "If there's anyone who can tame that flame-brain, it's you. It takes a dragon to take down a dragon."

"Gray..." Wendy blushed. Oh, she was going to tame him very soon...

"... and I believe it's time for me to uphold my end of the bet." He stood up, his voice full of determination.

"Wow..." her eyes widened in surprise. "Are you sure about this, Gray?"

"Yeah." He pumped his fist to his chest. "No better opportunity than now."

"I see." Wendy smiled sweetly and raised her fist for a fist-bump. "Good luck!"

He grinned, returning her fist-bump. I'll need that.