Chapter 19: Natsu's Confession Adventure!

Hey, small update here! I'll be changing my upload schedule to every weekend! Been getting busy lately.

Anyhow, enjoy reading!

---------------------------------------------

Lucy entered the guild, hoping to find Natsu. She wanted to apologize to him and return his scarf. She scanned the guildhall but didn't find him anywhere. Huh, did he already leave? She noticed Wendy, Gray, Jellal, and Carla sitting around a table. She approached the group.

"Hey, Lucy. How are you feeling?" Gray asked upon seeing her.

"Oh, I'm feeling better, I guess..."

"Good to hear that. Looking for Natsu?"

Lucy nodded. "Yeah... I want to talk to him. Do you know where he is?"

"He left the guild for a while. He told me to let you know not to worry about him." Wendy answered.

"Oh, he left... alright." Lucy sighed, trying to hide the disappointment in her voice. I hope he's not mad at me.

"I'm sure he'll come back soon. Why don't we wait here for him?" Erza approached her from behind, putting a hand on her shoulder.

"Erza... okay." Lucy joined the group and sat with them.

Outside...

...

..

.

Natsu walked in a slow pace, strolling through the peaceful mornings of Magnolia Town alongside Happy, who was flying beside him. He wanted to breathe some fresh air, to clear his mind, to cool himself down.

He was thinking about last night when Lucy confessed to him. When she said she loved him more than a best friend. When she wanted something special to grow between them. What did it mean to love Lucy more than he does now? He didn't know. He sighed deeply.

Happy remained silent. He wanted to talk to him, but he figured he needed his time.

"Happy." Natsu broke the silence. "Do you know what happened last night?"

"I don't, Natsu. Did something bad happen?"

"Mhmm, I... met Lucy last night before going home." Natsu walked to a bench and sat on it.

Happy remembered seeing Lucy crying in the guild. "Did both of you... get into a fight?"

"I'm not sure if I would call it a fight." Natsu put his arms behind his head. "She... told me something."

Happy nodded in silence, waiting for him to continue.

"She... said that she loved me." Natsu said timidly. "I wanted to tell her I love her too..."

"... Huh?" Happy's eyes widened. Hold on, what love did she mean?

"But then... she said she wanted to love me more than a best friend. She wanted us to have something special together." Natsu dropped his shoulders. "She's special to me. I love her a lo-"

"NATSU!" Happy jumped on the bench in excitement.

"W-What is it, buddy?" Natsu flinched a bit.

"She confessed to you?!" Happy's eyes sparkled with excitement. "Natsu, she actually confessed to you?!"

Natsu tilted his head in a curious angle. "Confess...?" He had a vague memory of this word. What did it mean?

"Yes! She confessed her feelings to you!" Happy bunny-hopped in joy. "That's wonderful, Natsu!"