Chapter 47: Aftermath and a massage.

"Wendy, could you pass me that hammer?"

"Here you go, Gray."

After the great battle against the kraken, Erza decided to help the resort staff in restoring the beach. Although the beach suffered little damage, as most of it had been mitigated, Erza felt she needed to take responsibility for it. Seeing Erza offer her help, the others felt obliged to follow in her footsteps. They were in this together, after all.

Of course, there were some... concerns.

"Mnnguh..." Natsu clutched his right arm, which felt a lot of soreness. This really sucks. Erza had advised him to sit down and take a rest. He pushed himself the most out of everyone. Using two elements put a lot of strain on his body. It was his first time utilizing sky magic, too.

He didn't take any issue with resting, no. His eyes followed Wendy as she repaired some of the buildings with Gray. She's working hard... a sour taste filled his mouth. What he had an issue with was the fact he was resting while she was working. I wanna help her...

He actually tried to help her, but Wendy went on a tantrum and told him he should be prioritizing rest over anything else! Obviously, he bowed down to his girlfriend. He didn't like seeing her mad.

"You look really tense, Natsu." Juvia patted his shoulder. She was resting beside him. Her back had suffered major injuries, but fortunately, Wendy had eased most of the pain.

"Hmmm, do I?" Natsu briefly raised his shoulders. "I didn't think using Wendy's sky element would be this tiring..."

"You went all out, didn't you?" She asked. "Besides, it was your first time using her sky element."

"Yeah... and it felt aweso-ough...!" he pumped his right arm out, then retracted it back in pain.

"Easy there..." she smiled timidly. "I still find it surprising that you can eat air now."

"I'm pretty surprised myself..." he instinctively rubbed over his neck. "Can't you eat ice?"

"... Huh?" Juvia blinked at his question, unsure if she heard him right. "Why would I be able to eat ice?"

"You and Gray are lovers, right?" Natsu grinned. "And he's a demon slayer!"

"E-Er..." Juvia scratched her cheek, confused. She didn't understand how Natsu and Wendy received each other's elements. How does this even apply to her and Gray? I can't wrap my head around that...

"Could you dumb it down for me?" she asked. "Do you think I would be able to use... ice magic like Gray?"

"He's a demon slayer, after all!" Natsu puffed his chest out. "Hasn't he marked you or something?"

"M-Marked me...?" her eyes widened at his choice of words. "Like... claiming me as his?"

"Yeah!" he nodded. "Did he bite your neck?"

"B-Bite my neck...?" her face glowed a deep red, flustered at the thought of Gray biting her. W-What is Natsu saying?! Those are such questions one wouldn't expect from Natsu. She grew even more confused with each passing question. Though she couldn't deny the idea of Gray doing those things was... interesting. But if Natsu is saying those things, does that mean he and Wendy actually....?!

With her dragon hearing, Wendy could pick up on every word the fire and water wizards were exchanging with each other. Every now and then, she would glance in their direction. They're awfully close... too close for her liking. Why is he having a good time with her? Of course, she understood there was nothing to worry about. After all, Juvia and Gray were already together. Still, these feelings of jealousy persisted in her heart. It might have been due to the fact Natsu was her mate. I don't want to admit it but... she often felt possessive of him when others were involved.