Chapter 41: A sick day.

Hi everyone, Sinheart here! There won't be a new chapter next week because I'll be busy finishing up my semester classes. Uploads will return to normal the week after!

Anyhow enjoy reading!

______

It's the next day after the wizards' beach date and night of questionable drinking. The sun rose over the horizon, signaling the start of a brand new day.

"Mnnngh..." Wendy squirmed slightly under the bedsheets. There was an oddly warmer-than-usual heat radiating off towards her side, prompting her to open her eyes. She blinked a few times and rubbed her eyelids, clearing her vision and regaining her senses. She glanced at the rays of light peeking through the gap in the curtains. Is it... already morning?

As she raised her body, an intense pain shot through her head. "Gah?!" She reflexively gripped her forehead. What's this headache? Pondering the ringing pain in her head, the events of last night came to her mind. Ah...! She remembered she drank more wine than she could muster. The rest of her memories were foggy. Ugh, my head hurts... she channeled healing energy through her palms and pooled it through her head, easing some of the pain. There, much better...

Feeling a strange warmth lingering around her side, she turned her head to the left and saw Natsu sleeping. Ah, he's still asleep... Wendy inched towards him and stared at his calm expression. His sleeping face... she always found it adorable. It's a side of him only reserved for her viewing. She drew her hand to his forehead and–

"Ahn?!" Wendy winced from the sudden heat, pulling her hand back. She slowly drew her hand to his forehead again to feel the warmth. He feels... warmer than usual. It wasn't hot enough that it stung her. It just caught her off guard.

"Haahn... Hahn..." heavy breaths escaped Natsu's lips, his chest rising and falling with every breath.

"Natsu...?" Wendy's hand travelled down to his cheek and caressed him.

"Wendy... morning." Natsu smiled weakly, turning his head to her. "How... are you feeling?"

"I have a little headache..." she answered. "But I'm fine. I don't remember what happened yesterday, though..."

"I see..." he sighed in relief.

"Did I... do something weird?"

"Oh, don't worry..." he avoided her eyes. "You... passed out after drinking too much." There was no way he was going to tell her the exact events the night before.

"Sorry." She smiled wryly. "I guess I got too into the game."

"Haha, you looked like you... enjoyed yourself."

"All thanks to Erza." She replied. "She knows how to keep things exciting."

"Can't say I dis–guh!" Natsu groaned in pain.

"Natsu?" Wendy placed her palm over her forehead. His body heat rose above his typical temperature, worrying her. "You have a terrible fever..."

"I sure do..." He grunted as he shifted his body.

"Let me ease it a bit for you." Wendy channeled her energy through her palms. She couldn't heal illnesses like the fever, but she could at least make it more bearable. She drew her palms to his face–

"GAH?!" Natsu cried out in pain from the influx of energy. Her magic energy ended up sparking on him, generating electrical jolts.

"Kyah!" Wendy flinched back from the impact. W-What happened? She stared at her palms, then back at Natsu. He looked even worse now! It seemed her healing encouraged the opposite effect. "Natsu!"