Chapter 23: What I Truly Feel

The Sun shone its rays through the windows, signaling the start of a brand new day. The light landed on Natsu's face, driving him to wake up.

It's morning already, huh? Natsu rubbed his eyes with his forearm. I feel like I didn't even get a wink of sleep last night. Natsu rose from his bed and stretched his arms. He noticed Happy was still sound asleep. Better be careful not to wake him up. He stood from his bed and walked towards the window. He clapped his face, trying to motivate himself.

Time to see Lucy!

After readying himself, Natsu made pace to the Fairy Tail guild. He was donning his signature attire alongside his white scarf. Basically, this is what he was already wearing before.

Lucy should be waiting in front of the guild. Natsu thought. As the guild started appearing in full view, he couldn't help but think about the bluenette who was on a mission.

No, Natsu. Don't worry about her. She'll be fine. Natsu shook his head. He told himself to have faith in his friends. Still, there was a slight uneasiness in his heart.

As he approached the guild, a familiar scent swept through his nose. A scent he recognized all too well. There was also a hint of sweetness mixed in with the scent.

Lucy? He saw her standing in front of the guild entrance. She was wearing her signature blue shirt with a dark sleeve covering her left arm, a short white skirt, as well as dark leather boots. She seemed to be rubbing her fingers together, visibly nervous.

Did I come too early? Does my hair look right? Many thoughts rushed into Lucy's mind. This was technically her first date, so she wanted to give the best impressions to Natsu.

"Hey, Lucy!" A voice interrupted her train of thought.

"N-Natsu?" Lucy turned her head around and saw him.

"Did you wait long?" Natsu asked as he approached her.

"N-No, I only just got here." Lucy twiddled her fingers. In reality, she came here 15 minutes early because so she could mentally prepare herself.

This sure looks like it came straight out of a dating scene from a romance manga. Lucy thought to herself. She found this rather endearing.

"I see." Natsu grinned. He noticed another scent passing through his nose, which was sweet. "That's a really nice smell you got there."

"O-Oh, thanks!" Lucy smiled. "I picked out this perfume for this date. I... hope you like it."

"I sure do!" Natsu put his arms behind his back. It reminded him of a much sweeter scent...

"So, shall we begin our date?" Lucy said, stretching out her hand.

Natsu gently took her hand in his. "Of course! I'm all fired up!"

Since Natsu and Lucy already discussed their date in advance, they wouldn't have to stress themselves out. Normally, Lucy wouldn't plan dates this way in great detail... but it was with Natsu. Because it was him, she could just be herself. They'd learn about dates together. They'd learn about feelings together. They'd learn what it means to love each other. And maybe, by the end of this date, Natsu would return her feelings... if things go well.

"It's a beautiful morning, isn't it, Natsu?" Lucy asked cheerfully.

"Yeah!" Natsu replied. "So, the first activity of the day is getting some food, right?"

"Haha, aren't you an eager one?" Lucy poked his cheek. "I... actually have a place in mind."

"Oh, sure! What do you have in mind?"