Chapter 9: My Feelings...

The train had slowed down into a halt, coming down into a complete stop as the Sun slowly disappeared on the horizon.

"We have reached our stop in Magnolia. I repeat, we have reached our stop in Magnolia. Please don't forget your belongings..."

"Wendy, time to get up. We're here." Carla spoke in a hushed voice, poking Wendy's arm.

Wendy slowed opened her eyes. She rubbed them for a bit and stretched her arms upwards. "Hey, Carla." She yawned.

"Natsu, wake up." Lucy softly spoke, stroking his cheeks in a circular motion. "We're here."

Natsu weakly turned facing upwards and opened his eyes. He blinked a few times. "Is it morning already?" He asked groggily.

"No, silly. We're back in Magnolia from our mission." Lucy giggled.

"Oh, right... man, I'm beat." Lucy helped Natsu off her lap.

"Let's leave. Come on, everyone." Erza stood up, motioning others to follow her. Lucy helped Natsu stand up and put his arm over her shoulders. One by one, the Fairy Tail wizards had stepped out of the train on to solid ground.

Carla walked beside Wendy. She noticed she was walking rather oddly. Wendy seemed to be limping forward.

"Wendy, are you able to walk fine? Do you need help?" Carla asked with concerned.

"It's fine, Carla. I can manage. I just need to rest my leg." Wendy assured her and smiled.

"Feels good to finally be back." Gray took a deep breath in and let it out slowly.

"It sure is." Erza smiled. "I'm going to head to the guild to report to Master Makarov." She turned around and glanced at Wendy and Natsu.

"Lucy, can you accompany Wendy back to her dorm? I need to make sure nothing bad happens to her. Her leg's not in the best condition."

"Mhmm... well I don't mind but what about Natsu?" Lucy asked, looking at Natsu.

Erza directed her gaze at Gray. "Gray, do you mind helping him back to his house? Make sure he gets back safely."

"Sure thing, Erza." Gray put Natsu's arm over his shoulders, letting him off Lucy. "Come on, pal."

"Thanks..." Natsu said reluctantly.

Wendy sighed in relief. She was a little happy Gray would be accompanying Natsu rather than Lucy, though she felt a bit guilty for thinking this.

"Well, make sure you two gets lot of rest. I'll be off now." Erza went towards the guild, waving back to the others.

"Catch you later, guys." Gray helped Natsu walked over back to his house with Happy flying behind.

"See you later, Gray! Come on, Wendy, let's get you back to your dorm." Lucy put her arm over Wendy's shoulders. Carla kept her pace beside Wendy.

"Okay, Lucy." Wendy said with an awkward smile.

And so, the group had split off on their respective paths.

...

..

.

Gray and Natsu walked in complete silence. Only the sounds of their footsteps and the flap of Happy's wings in front of them could be heard.

Gray seemed to be in deep thought, as if he wanted to say something but couldn't. He was debating internally whether he should say what was on his mind. Natsu noticed his expression and decided to break the silence.