Chapter 50: Final

"Everyone! Make sure you aren't forgetting anything!" Erza reminded her friends.

"I'll miss this place..." Gray sighed, checking his stuff in his luggage.

The resort vacation is finally over, and the wizards began preparing to return to their guild back in Magnolia. It was an eventful trip, ranging from sailing a great ship to large-scale monster battles to intimate bonding moments between the members.

"Natsu, make sure you don't forget anything!" Wendy said as she remade their bed.

"Yep!" Natsu gave her a thumbs up. "Got everything right here!"

"It feels like only yesterday we just arrived here..." Juvia sighed, plopping on the couch.

"Time sure flies by when we're having fun." Gray said. "I'll really miss this place."

"I wanna carry the bed back to Fairy Tail!" A devilish smile appeared on Natsu's face. "It's so soft!"

"Don't steal anything, flame-brain!" Gray huffed. Even though I fully agree with you.

"Is everyone ready?" Erza asked, stepping out of her room after one last checkup.

"Yeah!" Everyone said in unison.

"Terrific." She nodded in approval. "Let's head down to the receptionist and check out."

Led by Erza, everyone exited the hotel room with their luggage and went down the elevator. Natsu was just utterly grateful his motion sickness wasn't affecting him as much as before.

Once they reached their destination, Erza told everyone else to wait in the guest area so she could finish things up with the reception.

"Oh, that's interesting." Jellal commented, looking at the beach through the windows.

"What is, Jellal?" Gray asked.

"The repairs to the resort." Jellal replied. "They're much more fortified and well equipped now."

"Oh, you're right." Juvia said. "We wouldn't want a repeat of what happened last time."

"Do you think that incident affected the resort's reputation?" Gray asked, folding his arms. "It would be really unfortunate."

"I don't think the resort's defenses were weak to begin with." Jellal said. "Technically, we brought such a terrifying force of nature here."

"... And who do we have to blame for that?" Gray asked, narrowing his eyes.

"Everyone, look!" Erza walked to them, carrying gifts from the reception. "We got parting gifts from the resort!"

Everyone turned to look at Erza. They all had the same answer in response to Gray's question.

"Why are you all looking at me like that?" Erza asked, confused.

"No particular reason." Gray stood up.

"... Okay?" Erza blinked in a comical fashion. "Anyhow, our ship's ready to set sail!"

The day they arrived at the resort, the ship was maintained by the resort staff for the duration of their stay. They also made preparations for it out of their volition (expressing gratefulness for the wizards' help against the kraken.)

The group exited the resort and made way on to the bridge where their ship was docked next to it. They got on the wooden stair platform and walked up to the ship.

"So who's gonna be our captain?" Gray asked, though everyone except Erza was already looking at Jellal.

"... Mnguh." Jellal let out a deep sigh. "I suppose I will be." For all our sakes.