Chapter 27: Girls' Time!

"They're finally together... what a surprise." The scarlet-haired woman whispered to none other than herself as she savored the last slice of her strawberry cake. She began humming a tune to express her cheerful mood.

"Seems like someone's in a good mood." The bartender walked in, bringing a glass of water for the person in front of her.

"Oh, Mira." Erza bowed her head lightly to greet Mirajane.

"Were you blessed by fortune recently, perhaps?" Mirajane asked, placing the glass on the table.

"Well... not me exactly." Erza waved a hand. "It's Wendy who was blessed, to be precise."

"Ah, you mean her and Natsu?" Mirajane smiled, clasping her cheek. "That is a delightful blessing for hers truly."

"I'm happy for them." Erza smiled sweetly, tracing the rim of the glass with her fingers. "Wendy's just been so adorable. And Natsu's displaying emotions he rarely shows."

"I couldn't agree more." Mirajane rested her arms on the table. "It didn't go according to my plan, but this works well too."

"Your plan?" Erza inquired, shifting in her seat.

"Oh, you know." Mirajane flicked her wrist forward. "I played my cards so Natsu and Lucy could end up together." But this works well in its own right.

"I see." Erza nodded reluctantly. "We know how that turned out in the end." Right, she had been trying to match them together...

"Well, speaking of relationships..." Mirajane inched closer towards Erza's face. "How's yours going?"

"... What do you mean?"

"Oh, you know what I mean!" Mirajane clasped her hands together cheerfully. "I'm talking about you and Jellal!"

"... Eh?" Erza blinked, then stood up in surprise, heat rising in her face. "W-W-What are you talking about? What does Jellal have to do with this?"

"Come now, it's time for you to catch up with Wendy!" Mirajane giggled. "Admit it. You haven't made much progress with him, have you?"

"Well, I..." Groaning, Erza rubbed her forehead. "Don't put your nose where it doesn't belong."

"Oh, that's such a shame to hear." Mirajane shook her head in a dramatic manner, then snapped her fingers to reveal card-like items in her hand. "And here I thought, I could be of assistance."

"... Huh?" Erza's ears twitched.

"You see what I have right here?" Mirajane waved the items, as if fanning her face. "I have, right here, six tickets to a premium resort! How convenient!"

Erza's eyes widened in disbelief. "Six tickets? How did you..."

"Oh, don't mind the little details." Mirajane waved her hand away. "I just got lucky and won these tickets while I was shopping."

Somehow, I doubt that. Erza thought. This must be her notorious matchmaking senses coming into play.

"Unfortunately, I don't have any use for these tickets." Mirajane exaggerated a sigh, dropping her shoulders.

"I see...?" Erza rested her head on her hand. "Why are you telling me this?"

"I wouldn't mind lending you these tickets. These have better use in your hands." Mirajane winked, motioning her gaze to the tickets. "In return, I would like to ask you a favor."

"A favor?" Erza folded her arms in curiosity.

"You noticed how I have six tickets here, right?" Mirajane placed the tickets down on the table, spread so all six could be seen.