Chapter 13: Spending Time with You, Part 2

The dragon slayers continued on with their date, holding hands together as they walked on their path. Meanwhile, the two people spying on them seem to have forgotten their original goal for a while.

"This crepe tastes so good!" Erza said after taking a bite of her strawberry-filled crepe.

"You just had to buy one, huh... " Carla sighed heavily.

"Come on, you should buy one as well!" Erza's eyes sparkled, shoving the menu in front of her face.

"I'm good." Carla waved a palm. "Besides, we didn't come here to eat, did we?" She turned her head to observe the dragon slayers.

Except they weren't there anymore.

"Huh?" Carla blinked a few times. She scanned the area around, not seeing any signs of any pink, spiky hair or blue, long hair. She stood up, pushing her chair back. They're not here? Where did they go?!

Erza was happily chowing down on her crepe, unaware of Carla's worries.

"Erza!" Carla called her out.

"Mhmm?" Erza hummed with her mouth full.

"They've already left!"

Erza stared at her for a moment, then swallowed. "Who left?"

Carla groaned in frustration. "Natsu and Wendy! They're not here!"

Erza's eyes widened. She turned her head to the direction where Natsu and Wendy were supposed to be sitting. Sure enough, they were absent from the area.

"What?! Where did they go? Why didn't you tell me sooner, Carla?!" Erza slammed her fists on the table, garnering some looks from the servers nearby.

"Hah? I have been telling you we shouldn't get distracted!" Carla facepalmed, taking a deep breath. I knew this was a terrible idea...

"We must make haste! We can't lose them!" Erza dashed towards the cashier and paid for her crepe. Before the cashier could return her change, Erza had already dragged Carla out of the café. "Let's go, Carla!"

"Slow down, Erza!" Carla tried to match Erza's pace. And so, they attempted to track where Natsu and Wendy went for their date.

"Come on, Natsu!" Wendy merrily tugged Natsu's hand forward.

"Okay, okay." Natsu smiled, matching her pace with Wendy. "Do you already have a place in mind?"

"Yeah, there's this place I really want to go with you!" Wendy said.

"Haha, alright." Natsu chuckled. I wonder what place she wants to go to?

As they walked towards their destination, a cluster of sounds passed by Natsu's ears. He could hear kids' cries, laughter, and screams. He could also hear the sounds of bells, machinery, and various other colorful sounds. Must be a crowded place. As they passed through a gate, Natsu immediately felt life leave his body at what he witnessed. Moving rollercoasters, bumper cars, spinning Ferris wheels, arching pirate ships, slides, among many monstrous contraptions.

"Here we are!" Wendy said cheerfully.

"W-Wendy, this is..."

"An amusement park! I've always wanted to go to one of these places."

"I-I see..." Natsu stood frozen in place. This was the last place on Earth they expected to go on their date. Hell, this was the last place he needed to be in! Seeing all these moving machines sent him waves of nausea. It was nothing like the place where they battled against Eclipse Aquarius. Oh, this is terrible...