Chapter 49: Fireworks Festival

"I'm having a bit of trouble putting this on..."

"Here, let me help you with it, Wendy."

A few days later, after engaging in the kraken battle, the wizards were getting ready to join a very much anticipated event...

The Fireworks Festival.

They also received first-class passes to the viewing because they fended off the kraken invasion and helped in repairing damages done to the resort.

The day before this, they went shopping together in the resort plaza. Other than buying gifts and souvenirs for everyone back at home, they also went shopping for yukata outfits. With new yukatas, they'd be dressed up for the occasion.

Currently, the girls are holed up in Erza and Jellal's room. They were preparing the yukatas and putting them on.

"I'm so glad we bought these new yukatas." Erza said, posing in front of the mirror. "The quality is nothing to scoff at."

"Couldn't you have just requipped into one you already own?" Juvia asked while she was helping Wendy put on her yukata.

"Very true." Erza twirled around. "But none of them feel as comfortable as this."

"I second that!" Juvia exclaimed. "Oh, I can't wait to see how my beloved Gray looks..."

"Can you believe Natsu wanted to wear casual clothes to the festival?" Erza sighed. "Wendy, you need to teach him how to dress for the occasion."

"Haha, I don't think Natsu really cares about stuff like that." Wendy replied. "As long as he can have fun, that's what matters to him."

"Come on, don't you want to see Natsu wearing a yukata?" Juvia squeezed Wendy's shoulders, positioning her in front of the mirror. "I bet you do."

"Well, I..." A faint red appeared on Wendy's cheeks as she imagined Natsu in different attire. I would love to see him wear one. Seeing Natsu wear a butler costume when they went to that café made her heart skip a beat. I wonder if he would wear anything else if I asked.

"And... done!" Using a flowery ribbon, Juvia tied Wendy's blue hair into a ponytail behind her back. "What do you think?"

"Wow...!" Wendy checked herself out in the mirror, turning left and right to see her yukata. "Thank you, Juvia!"

"You look so adorable, Wendy!" Juvia clasped her hands together. "I know Natsu will think the same!"

Each of the girls wore yukatas that differed from each other, especially in terms of color and patterns used. Wendy wore a pink one with a red ribbon sash tied around her. Her yukata had white flowers and petals scattered all over, making for an innocent look.

Juvia wore a light purple one with a dark purple flat sash tied around her back. Hers had purple roses of various shapes and sizes on the cloth, making for a pretty and pure look. She tied her hair into a ponytail resting over her shoulder, using a silver flower ribbon.

Unsurprisingly, Erza wore one whose color nearly matched the shade of her scarlet hair. Her yukata had a navy blue sash wrapped around. Gold butterflies and yellow lilies were visible on her choice, making for a strikingly passionate look. Her hair was tied into a ponytail, similar to Wendy's.

"You girls are looking fine and dandy." Erza wrapped her arms around the two bluenettes and brought them closer. "Next up... is putting makeup!"

"Makeup?" Wendy asked. She hadn't considered putting on for tonight.

"But of course!" Erza pinched Wendy's cheek playfully. "Putting on the yukata isn't enough. We have to look our best for the boys! I'm sure they'd appreciate it!"