Chapter 40: Spin the Bottle!

"Ugh..." Natsu rubbed his neck where Wendy bit him. The stinging pain seemed to fade in and fade out. My head's getting dizzy...

"Natsu?" Wendy called out with concern. "What's wrong?"

"It's nothing." Natsu waved her concern off. "I'm just feeling a little sore here..."

"Oh..." Guilt settled into her heart, seeing him like this. She may have gone overboard when she bit into him and marked him. "Sorry..."

"Nah, don't be." He smiled softly. His eyes shifted to her neck. "How about you? Does it hurt in any way?"

"My body feels a little hot, but it doesn't feel bad at all." Wendy smoothed her fingers over her mark. "I feel fine. Better, even!"

"Glad to hear that." He stood up and sat himself over the edge of the hot springs. "My mind's getting a little hazy. I think I'm done hanging out here. Wanna leave?"

"Sure!" Wendy nodded and stood up. She stepped out of the hot springs. Her body felt vitalized with energy.

Natsu took a few steps forward. My eyes... his vision started getting blurry, making him lose balance. He nearly stumbled over his legs.

"Natsu!" Wendy dashed to his side and caught him, putting his arm over her shoulders. "Are you okay?"

"My head's just... really dizzy." He chuckled. "I feel relaxed and exhausted at the same time. What a weird feeling..."

"Don't push yourself." Wendy said, her tone laced with concern. "Here, lean on me."

"Thanks, Wendy..." Natsu reluctantly let himself be supported by her. They both left the hot springs afterwards.

...

..

.

"Whew..." Natsu dried himself up with a towel, then put on a blue robe already provided by the resort. Of course, he wouldn't forget his white scarf around his neck. Feels like home...

Wendy also wore a similar blue robe after drying herself. It was much smaller to fit her figure.

"Gugh..." Natsu rubbed his forehead to ease his headache. Why am I like this...? He thought he'd be feeling rejuvenated after taking a hot springs bath, not worse. His neck was also feeling a little sore when he moved around. He wondered if the mark had anything to do with this. Wendy seemed perfectly fine, so maybe he was just feeling under the weather...

"Natsu, let's rest in the room." Wendy suggested, motioning her eyes to a room reserved for them. She noticed he seemed a little off, and it deeply concerned her. I hope he's okay...

"Alright." Natsu gave a small nod. He slid the door open and entered the room alongside Wendy. The room had a rather traditional interior design. It had a few resting mats and pillows inside. He plopped his body face first on the flat floor while Wendy closed the door behind her.

"Natsu..." Why is he lying down like that? She sat down on her legs beside him and patted her lap. "Come here."

"Mhmm...?" He raised his head and saw her hand gestures. "Oh, it's fine. I don't mi–"

Wendy scooted to him and lifted her head on to his lap. "You shouldn't be resting on the hard floor."

Her lap was surprisingly soft, even with the blue robe she was wearing. Her scent was sweet, comforting to his senses. It certainly was better than the hard floor he just rested on.

"Huahh..." Natsu exhaled deeply as he flipped over and adjusted his head on her lap. "Your lap's definitely better."

"Of course it is." She giggled softly, affectionately stroking his pink hair. "It's the girlfriend's lap pillow!"