Friends Till The End

Tony silently held Robin as she cried in his arms. He rocked her back and forth as tears started to form in his own eyes as his arms tightened around her small shape and his cheek resting on her head. He did mummer a word just comforted her in till she wanted to talk.

He knew she wasn't the type of person that wanted sympathy and she didn't want to hear the typical it's going to be alright speech. She didn't need word, she just needed to feel the comfort and too feel safe. As she ran out of tears Tony started to leak out. He kept it in to comfort her and he never really showed that kind of emotion to anyone except maybe Pepper.

She sighed then shifted in Tony's lab and wiped the tears with the back of her sleeves. Her vision focusing now and not being covered by the wetness of her tears. She stared silently at the faint glow of his arc reactor she placed her hand on it lovingly and lifted her head from his shoulder. She smiled weakly.

"you okay?" he asked softly.

Robin slowly nodded then moved off of Tony's Lap than sat next to him on the bed. She sighed then laced her fingers with his holding his hand tight.

"thanks for being such a great friend Tony... Thanks for always looking out for me"

"well your kinda like my little sister.... I've got your back, you know that right?" he asked resting his head on her shoulder.

She nodded and smiled. As she let out a sigh to calm herself Clint slowly opened the door in hope of not disturbing her. He peaked his head behind the door and saw her head on Tony's shoulder as she calmed her emotions and tried to hold in the stray tears. Clint's head dropped to the ground as he softly closed the door.

Robin lifted her head and smiled as Clint knelt in front of her and took her free hand. He kissed the back of her hand and smiled. Tony gently let go of her hand and stood. "I'll let you guys talk" he ruffled Robin's hair and smiled as he walked out the door.

"I'm sorry Angle, I should have been there for you" he said feeling guilty that Tony was the one to take care of her and not him. "I'm sorry for our fight earlier"

"it's okay hawk" Robin said running her fingers through his mohawk. "and you've already apologized for our little squabble" she chuckled then pulled him  on the bed with her. "let's just sleep. I'm tired" She snuggled to his chest as they both fell asleep.