Pain And Sleep

The closer they got to the compound the shallower her breathing got. Clint sat by  her side and held her hand as Bruce hooked her us to the medical machinery they had on the jet. She let out small whimpers at every touch she felt from them. Jason stared shocked and scared as Wanda wrapped up his arm.

"are you okay?" she asked the kid softly. Jason looked over at her and he simply shrugged his shoulders. Wanda's eyes faded into a soft red as she placed her hand on Jason's. She read his his thoughts and memories from past eight months. She saw the bond Jason and Robin now had. His mind showed the motherly compassion she showed him.

A tear ran down her cheek as Robins screams now filled her ears. Jason's head was full of the awful memories while the physical and emotional pain filled wanda's ears and heart as her powers and mind looked. deeper in Jason's head. Wanda quickly jerked her hand away after his memories became too much for her.

Tony then walked over to him and looked down at were Jason and Wanda sat. "what's your name kid?"

"j-Jason" he spoke.

"I'm guessing Robin grew a soft spot for you and wants to take you in?" Tony wasn't trying to sound mean or sarcastic but seemed to come out that way.

"she's important to me" Jason looked down and picked at the cast that wrapped snuggly around his left arm.
"she took a lot of beating for me while we were stuck there"

"you can come with us but there needs to be a serious discussion about anything temporary" Steve spoke as he looked over to Jason then Robin. "when she's awake and back to herself we'll all discuss it"

Jason simply nodded grateful they didn't just ditch him on the side of the road or take him back to Wayne and Grayson. "do you got a family kid?" Clint asked snapping him back to reality.

"um no... Orphan" Jason simply said.

"same kid... I Lost my parents when I was maybe younger than you" Clint said.

Robin's heart monitor started to beat rapidly and she started to squeeze Clint's hand tight. Her whimpering got louder and she started thrashing on the medical bed. "Tony call Dr. Strange and get him to the compound!" Bruce called out as he tried to calm his sister down.

"we're almost home, hang on!" Tony called out. "FRIDAY contact Dr strange now!"

"what do you want stark?" Stephen Strange's voice said over the phone.

"we have a huge problem with one of our team mates... Just get to the compound please" tony shouted and hung up the phone before Stephen could protest.

The last thirty minutes felt like forever. The team quickly moved Robin into the medical area were Dr strange was waiting.

As the team ran her into the medical area Clint tried to follow her in there but Bruce quick pushed him back into the waiting area. The unspoken tension swarmed the two like flies. Bruce eyes  flashed green making Clint reluctantly step back and lean against the wall with his arms crossed over his chest.

Nat came in just minutes later. Her eyes locked on Clint and saw him there all alone. "Clint? Is she okay?" she asked softly.

"I don't want to talk about it" he mumbled and walked off to his and Robin's room to change. He did it Farley quickly and ran back into the waiting room. As he walked down the hallway he heard her cries and screams making him race down the hallway and into the medical center.  He banged his fist on the door as he heard her scream his name for help. Her cries slowly died down and turned into small whimpers and pleads to see Clint.

Tony yanked the door open as Clint backed up. "she'll be okay buddy... She needs rest" Tony padded his shoulder. "she asking for you.. I'll get Bruce out of there so you can talk to her"

Clint let out a huff and slowly opened the door of the medical room. He saw her peacefully laying in the bed. He sighed at the bandages on her arms and on her forehead. He moved to her bedside without making a sound trying not to disturb her rest.

"Clint?" she asked softly. Clint carefully grabbed her bandage covered hand in both of his and kissed her knuckles softly.

"I'm here baby.... Get some rest, I won't leave you I promise" her eyes fluttered closed as Clint rested his head on the side of her bed. The both of them could freely sleep now without any trouble the two were together now safe.

Something in Clint's mind kept him awake though. The fear of losing her again. He slowly sat up in his chair and watched over her as she rested and regained her strength back. He watched her like a hawk. He didn't care if he didn't get any sleep he just wanted her to be safe. He owed it to her and Bruce.
Bruce's words replayed in his head over and over. In his mind Bruce was right if he would have just woken up he could have stopped Robin from leaving.

"you are thinking too much" Robin said with scruff lacing over her voice. "get some rest too" she closed her eyes again and finally fell asleep.