The Past Hurts

(Robin's POV)

Since I remember everything now I wanted to tell Clint about my past and how I grew up. He knew it was a delicate subject and he never pushed nor asked Bruce, he wanted to hear it from me.

"are you sure you want to tell me?" he asked concerned.

"me and Bruce had a jagged childhood hood. Are mother loved us both but she was sick and passed away the month I was born. My father lost it and blamed it all on me" I started.

"what did he do to you?" he asked softly.

"Bruce told me that he promised her that he would always protect me...and he did. My father would hit Bruce but always because if he would come charging at me Bruce would pith himself in front of me taking the hit."

"the beating because worse even when I was only 2. Rather it would be with his fist or an empty beer bottle." tears fell down my cheeks because I knew I could of done something to protect Bruce my self but I was a coward.

"I grew to be a coward because at age five I found out about my power of telekinesis and I could have protected Bruce and part of me did believe I did kill my mother..and I believed that the world would Better with out me.. That Bruce would be better so at age seven I tried to take my life " Clint started crying and wrapped his arms around me.
" Bruce found me in time and took me to the hospital. Are father found out and put even more pressure on the two of use.. And of course the word about the big brain freak that loves horror that tried to take her life got around the school. Teachers looked at me like was from another planet and the kids tormented me and just added more scars. Mentally and physically "

Clint looked down and held me close as I continued.

" when I was ten my father held a knife to me and that's when Bruce snapped at him tackling him to the ground and we booked it "

" we ran for about two days in till child service found us and since Bruce was 20 at the time he fought for custody of me which he got and I got to graduate school at 14 and you know the rest"

Clint looked at me and tears poured out of his eyes and they beated a bright red.
I held his face in my hands and wiped his tears with the pad of my thumb.

"I'd never hurt you. You know that right?" he asked and just shook my head. "I love you and I'll away protect you"

"I'm broken Clint.. I can't give you the happy life you deserve"

"I'm broke too and our two broken.. Together we make a hole" Clint smiled. "I'm going to be here and annoy you for a long time" I chucked and pecked his lips.

"I love you Hawk"

"I love you too.. Please know I'll always have your back and I'll die before anyone hurts you again"