eight ; 'date'.

slightly rewritten. 01/23/22.

☆★

"we're here," seola turned over to sunghoon, who was wiping his tears using seola's pink handkerchief. he looked up to a shabby and traditional looking noodle shop with the big faded sign "ahn's noodles" in red bold letters.

he stared at the sign blankly, "this is it?" she raised her eyebrow at him.

"of course it is," she rolled her eyes at him and pushed the door. she held the door and looked back at him, "hurry up while there's no customers," she signaled him to come inside the restaurant.

he sighed and followed her inside and was greeted by the small, brown and simple interior of the shop. it had a handful of four and two seater tables that were currently empty.

the main point was the row of seats and the counter that was in front of an open kitchen where the cook was chopping ingredients. the cook was facing around them so sunghoon couldn't see their face, but he was certain he saw those tattoos on their arms before somewhere.

"dad, i brought sunghoon with me. he's feeling a little down today so make him your specialty."

sunghoon blinked twice with the mention of 'dad'. the mysterious cook finally turned around and sunghoon eyes enlarged to see mr ahn, seola's scary-looking dad, which he met just yesterday.

mr ahn's face brightened to see sunghoon again, "sunghoon-ah! nice to see you again!" his intimidating face turning into a human embodiment of "^_^".

sunghoon awkwardly waved his hand and quickly dashed to seola's side, completely moved on from crying due to the shock of seeing mr ahn in a uniform for chefs.

"you didn't tell me we were going to see your dad," he whispered, not prepared at all. she chuckled and sat down at the seat behind them, "well, you didn't ask," she whispered back, pointing out the obvious.

he scratched his head and sat down in the chair across seola and looked around more in the restaurant. his eyes darted on one old image framed in the wall along with the promotional posters of soju.

he squinted his eyes to look at it closely and noticed it was a vintage photo of a fairly young man with a scary scowl on his face in front of a restaurant that looked exactly the same outside of the restaurant they were currently in.

"is that your dad when he was younger?" seola looked up from her phone to face in the same direction he was looking, confused on what he was talking about.

she laughed as she immediately understood what he was saying, "no. that's my grandpa when this restaurant first opened," sunghoon slowly nodded with his mouth, finding it interesting.

"then, is your dad like the heir of your grandpa's restaurant?" she hummed as she considered his question, "you could say it like that, i guess?"

his eyes traveled to a container with chopsticks inside on their table. he grabbed two pairs of chopsticks and a spoon and placed it on his and seola's side. "so technically, you're the next heir since you're his daughter," he asks, invested in the conversation while also placing napkins on both of their sides.

seola kept her phone away to chat with him instead of going through social media, resting her chin on her palm on top of the table. "hm, probably? but it would be a problem since i don't know how to cook," she answered unsurely before standing up when she saw her dad placing two bowls of steaming noodles on the counter.

she placed it on a silver tray and grabbed a two small glasses from the tower of water glasses they had on the counter. sunghoon watched her go back to their table holding the tray on her hand without difficulty and placing the bowls and glasses one by one on their table.