twenty-one ; always, you.

☆★

sports and seola never blended well.

sports physically exhaust her. and anything that physically exhausts her shall be hated and avoided. this applies to every sport, except for volleyball. she enjoyed the sport in her middle school physical education program.

the school festival was a matter of weeks ahead. and the school's sports club and committee decided to hold different competitions for school orgs to join as a team. the student council had both the women's volleyball team and the men's basketball team.

currently, the student council women's volleyball team was in an unofficial practice match against the school band club. 

last point.

"ahn seola! ahn seola! ahn seola!"

seola dribbled the ball a little, hitting it forcefully as it bounced upwards before slapping down instantly on the ground. her heart pounded with heaviness. uneven breathing did not balance with the tune of her heart that was currently running a marathon.

it did not also help her nerves that a part of her ankle was aching.

all eyes were on her. teammates, opposing team members, the audience in the bleacher of the gymnasium. 

sunoo's eyes with his lips that were always smiling, were now thinly lined as his eyes shakily watched.

jake's camera was pointing at her somewhere afar.

heeseung was also watching. though, his eyes were only stuck at the team captain that was on the same side of the court as her. 

seola dribbled the ball a final moment, before glancing at her right side. 

a boy was not watching her. his eyes were not glued to her. they were not watching her intently similar to how the people around him were.

his eyes were tightly shut close. his hands were clasped together and was brought close to his face. 

she let out a chuckle, seeing sunghoon almost praying by himself as she stood in the end of the court about to serve. the image of him stuck in her head. made her heart loosen, eased her breathing. 

she looked ahead and held the ball on her hands. 

for sunghoon. she thought in her head.

throwing the yellow-blue striped ball, it was now free, sky-high up in the air. yells echoed sharply in her ear when she took off from the ground and jumped to hit the ball during its mid-air flight.

seola landed on her feet, breathing stilled as she watched the ball—the ball she served—hit straight on an empty spot within the opponent's court. two players shuffled at the same time in order to save the ball from falling down the ground, but it was too late.

the whistle had blown.

"student council team wins!"

she wasn't able to process anything else as she was quickly swiped off the ground and was pulled to a group hug. the audience roared. "we won!" she heard one of her teammates yell in their enclosed space as they started jumping up and down in circles around her. 

the group dispersed after one cheer and ran along the net to graze their hands under the net with their opponents to wrap up the friendly, slightly competitive, game.

"good game, seola. you do great every time even in a practice match," seola turned around when she felt a pat on her back as she was walking to her friends in the side. hana smiled at her, her natural pale face gleaming over the gymnasium lights. "good game, pres," she returned.