nineteen ; star-crossed lovers.

☆★

loving a person who is closer to your reach should be easier. it should be. 

a vase of pink and white roses stands next to a girl's bed stand. the scent lingered around her whole room. the flowery, distinct scent of youth. 

a printed picture lies hidden somewhere in a boy's drawer along with a crumpled sheet of paper. the photo was a girl and a boy behind a crowd, both wearing their brightest smiles as they stood next to each other. the girl held a bouquet of roses in her hands. 

it was not easy at all. 

☆★

"sunghoon, can you send me a copy of your  financial report?"

"my financial report? annual or monthly?" sunghoon asked back, equally confused as seola was. the girl blinked her deep-set, droopy eyes. her laptop's brightness luminated her pale face. she obviously was tired and not in the mood for explanation.

coffee didn't help her fatigue, moreover it worsened her weariness. she was up and ready to go home since she could feel that she was coming up with a fever. except she had one last work to do.

she quietly sighed, closing her eyes to ease her dizziness. "annual, please." she said.

"i don't have it?"

"what?" her eyes opened wide right away.

sunghoon tilted his head, "pres haven't given me instructions to do so," he shrugged.

her brows furrowed. she ran a hand across her tangled hair, over her head that was pounding so hard begging her not to blow up. the seasons and weather were ever changing that it took a toll on her body. "it's that time of the year, you should have it ready by now to submit," she reasoned out, passive-aggressively.

"i understand your point," he leaned back on the couch across her. at the moment only the three second years were in the student council room. sunoo was sat beside sunghoon unbothered by their exchange as he reviewed a spreadsheet document on his laptop. sunghoon nodded, "i understand your point, really. but, i'm waiting for pres's go signal."

she crossed her arms on her chest, "even when the deadline is literally a few days away?" she said.

he paused and froze, "seriously?"

"yes," she confirmed with a weak nod. she supported her forehead with a hand, "pres, didn't tell you yet?"

his head shaked without an inch of uncertainty. sunoo caught up with the happenings quickly without glancing up once from his laptop, "just copy your monthly statements and paste them in one document," he suggested.

sunghoon groaned, rolling his head back over the couch, "a year's worth of statements are still a lot." sunoo patted his friend's back from behind, eyes still glued to the laptop, "pres must've been stressed from studying and forgot to tell you."

"i don't blame her, i should've done one beforehand either way," he said.

"life is very difficult but one shall go on!" sunghoon recited in a philosophical manner, with a positive tone, sitting back straight on the couch. he massaged his back to prepare himself for war before he takes out his own laptop from his backpack. that makes the three of them fully geared with their lifelines— their beloved laptops.

he makes a full halt when his eyes landed over at seola who now had two hands cupping the rest of her face. "hey," his voice fell serious, "are you okay?"

sunoo finally glanced up, sensing the urgency embedded in sunghoon's voice. he took one look at seola, at her pale hands, and shook his head. "you," he placed a hand over sunghoon's shoulder, "carry her to the infirmary. she's clearly sick. that's what they do." the 'they' being the leads on the dramas he watch.