five ; swings.

fully rewritten on 01/22/22.

☆★

"this is so cool."

sunghoon said, amused that such a small neighborhood had a park within the area.

his eyes landed immediately on the wooden swing with two seats that was arched almost to a shape of a crescent moon with tons of trees and different colorful flowers planted on the ground.

the main attraction was the pond that had a small bridge in the middle. on the bridge was a bench that was luckily unoccupied at the moment.

seola walked in front of him with a smug look on her face, "i know right," she said proudly. most neighborhoods in the area had playgrounds, but not as fancy as theirs. she didn't know why their playground or their so called park was fancy, but she enjoyed the place ever since she was a child.

"i want to ride on that swing," sunghoon smiled at her as he pointed at the wooden swing that had two seats. 

"dibs on the right one!" she announced as she took off running towards the swing. 

sunghoon's smile fell as he immediately reacted and ran to reach her, "hey, i was eyeing the right one!" he yelled. his efforts were put into vain as seola sat on the right swing, greeting him with a big grin once he arrived.

"loser."

he glared as he plopped himself to the left swing, "you didn't count to ten, dumbass," he slightly pouted.

seola peeked through the chains of the swing, "aw. are you upset? sunghoon-ie, are you upset?" she teased, slightly swinging back and forth, her feet sweeping off the ground.

he stood up suddenly, alerting the girl. she held onto the chains, "i was joking, alright? haha," she nervously laughed seeing him go around the swing set and stand behind her. 

"park sunghoon. we're friends, right?" she continued to nervously chuckle when he held the upper part of the chains she wasn't gripping. his smile was wide on his lips, "of course. we're good friends," he said.

"but.." his voice trailed off, scaring her. "you have to go, my dear friend."

seola wasn't able to utter another word before sunghoon pushed the swing with great force, exerting his best strength to the swing causing her to almost fly up in the air.

"FUCK YOU!" the girl yelled on top of her lungs as she gripped on the chains going up with sunghoon laughing as loud as he could in the side. 

his laugh was short-lived as when she was back to the ground, she went off the swing and attempted to tackle him from behind. "bleh," he quickly stuck out his tongue and dodged, running away as fast as he could. 

from a mile away, you could hear a boy's gleeful laughter and a girl's loud, censored series of curse words as sunghoon ran across the bridge with seola following behind.

"why the fuck are you so fast?!"

"maybe because i'm one hundred eighty-one cm in height?"

"oh, fuck you and your height!"

sunghoon halted his steps suddenly, making seola celebrate as she was already tired of running around. "i finally got you," she mumbles, about to kick him, but until the end, he quickly dodges away.

when he dodges though, two familiar kids were now in front of her. she froze in her spot, "oh, it's you two," she said, despite not remembering their names.