seven ; watching you from a distance.

☆★

sunghoon stared at his phone screen, contemplating whether to text seola, who was running late for their meeting.

being late was a pet peeve of his, and he makes sure that the person late knows that he was wasting his precious time by being late.

but, he'll let it slide. for now.

the grasp on his crossbody bag tightened as he hesitated. "she'll arrive soon anyways," he said to himself, keeping his phone away.

he was currently waiting outside an indoor skating rink where they promised to meet. this was the same skating rink where he used to compete in when he was younger.

he looked around the area, feeling nostalgic with how similar everything was to the way he remembered the outside of the indoor skating rink he used to spend countless hours in. to the row of trees that were in front of the entrance, the narrow pathway with passers-by ranging from families with their children, couples both old and young, tourists, friend groups, and etc.

he glanced at his watch before glancing back to the front of the indoor skate rink, "i wonder if the inside hasn't changed much too," he mumbled, trying to kill the boredom by talking to himself.

"oi, park sunghoon!" he turned around to see seola in the distance bent down to her knees, panting.

he approached her and stood in front of her, "um, congratulations for being late?" he patted her shoulder awkwardly.

she looked up to grin at him, "thank you," she sarcastically said.

"you're welcome," he said before grabbing a water bottle from his bag and opening the cap. "here," he handed her the bottle.

she eyed him suspiciously, standing up still. "i refuse to believe you randomly have a water bottle in your bag for no apparent reason. there must be a sort of poison mixed in the water," he rolled his eyes, "just drink it."

she shrugged and took the bottle, still eyeing him suspiciously. she took sips of the now warmed up water while sunghoon was waiting for her to finish drinking.

although they were simply together for a sudden and not thoroughly planned meeting, she didn't miss with her outfit that was simple but lovely.

wearing light caramel colored baggy pants with an olive green long sleeved cardigan, it unintentionally matches what sunghoon was wearing : a simple white shirt tucked into his grey faded ripped pants together with a light brown denim jacket.

but, sunghoon supposed that he was the only one who noticed they were almost matching outfits as the lady didn't looked too bothered and continued drinking.

he noticed her short hair was loose and messy and didn't have any styling on it unlike when they had school. "you didn't fix your hair today?" he asked her while she finished drinking and placed back the cap of the water bottle.

"i was in a rush so i didn't get to style it," she explained and handed him back the almost half empty water bottle. sunghoon took the bottle and placed it back in his bag, he looked back to her staring at him.

"what?"

she shook her head and grinned at him, "nothing. let's go," she said and walked towards the entrance of the indoor skating rink. "she definitely has something to say," he scratched his head before shrugging it off and following her inside.

seola pushed the glass door to the entrance and was immediately greeted by the cold air conditioned air that she longed for after running in the warm weather.