eleven ; hot and cold.

(3.3k words ahead !!)

☆★

"seola, pass me a popsicle,"

sunoo muttered all worn out as he had his head laid flat on the table while he have his hand fanning himself.

seola looked up from her book and reached for the black plastic bag full of popsicles. "only the popsicles sunghoon bought is left," she said while looking up at sunoo

sunoo sat up straight and snaked his hand to snatch the plastic bag from her, "give it to me-"

sunghoon quickly took the plastic bag from seola before sunoo could even touch it, "buy your own ice cream. this is mine," he said with his guard high.

sunoo rolled his eyes at him, "fine, fine," he said while pouting, giving up. seola pondered and smiled at sunoo, "i can buy you one if you'd like," she kindly offered.

sunoo delightedly clapped his hands together, smiling from ear to ear. "seola-ah. i don't know why you're hanging out with someone like sunghoon if you're kind like this. don't let evil take over you," he whispered over to her with a louder voice to make sure sunghoon hears them from the side.

a deep sigh was heard beside them as sunghoon slid a pack of vanilla ice cream in the table across to sunoo, "you get only one," he sternly said without looking up from his book he was studying.

sunoo leaned back to his chair with excitement as he hummed while tearing the packaging apart, "although sunghoon-ie has basic taste in ice cream, he's really kind!" he said while looking at the ice cream with adoration, taking back the comments he said about sunghoon.

he happily started eating the ice cream but suddenly sank to his chair with a depressive mood, "why did we even think of studying outside at this heat at lunchtime?" sunoo mumbled once again as he sink on his chair with the heat of the sunlight radiating towards them.

seola opened his textbook again which he closed in the process, "weren't you failing math?" she simply responded to his question, which made the boy sitting next to her chuckle while engrossed in his own.

sunoo puffed his cheeks in defeat while crossing his arms on his chest, "but, i think i learned enough now.." he mumbled under his breath.

sunghoon looked up from reading and slid another paper across him with a huge grin, "if you solve this equation, we'll stop studying right now," he offered as sunoo snatched the paper from the table and stared at it with a smug look, "watch me, math freak," he side-eyed sunghoon with a confident smirk.

seola subtly tapped his shoulder, "you can ask help from me if you're having difficulties. and you don't need to rush,"  she reminded him.

sunoo fake cried as he sniffled, "i could see a halo floating on top of seola's head," he said before looking back at sunghoon with his tongue stuck out, "then, you look over here you see a dude with horns-"

sunghoon placed down his book and sighed, "mint chocolate ice cream sounds good right now. i guess i could buy a friend one if they just keep quiet and do their damned math sheet." he nonchalantly recited as if he memorized the words on his mind.

sunoo cleared his throat while standing straight with his pen and head focused on the paper.

he spun his pen around his fingers while smirking as seola blinked her eyes on why she could suddenly see a fiery aura next to her, "challenge accepted."