sixteen ; la lune.

(4.6k words)

☆★

the school festival. though cliché, it's an event that most students hype up about every year. once in the start of the year, twice in the middle of the year during exam period, thrice around the time of the festival up until the memories stuck around even after graduation and possibly until adulthood.

most stories of youthful romance and friendships eventfully take place during the event. many anticipate the event since there were certain parts of it that were grand. 

clubs would advertise themselves by coordinating booths or mini-events that were catered to their specialties to raise funds for their orgs as well. the school was open to all of the public, allowing them to participate and watch the program that takes place during the afternoon. 

when the evening falls, the festival becomes more exclusive to the students as all guests had to be escorted out for another program— a more special one.

students treat the special program like an award show with the 'daesangs' being the 'best club / organization of the festival' and 'best leader of the festival' followed by other supporting awards. 

the criteria for the best club or organization was simple. a club's booth that gets the best reaction or visitors wins the award. the leader of the festival will be decided by faculty members who will observe each org's or club's leader and their leadership throughout the festival.

prizes were usually food packs or lousy gift cards gifted and sponsored by teachers of different departments, however this year the winner of the so called 'daesang' award will be given something new, as the main faculty hinted. 

after the special program, fireworks were taken off.

most of the event's planning was up to the student council at most. which puts them into pressure. 

to avoid any pressure, hana decided to hold a meeting after the second day of their midterms ended. wasn't the best way to spend the entirety of friday and the end of exams, but it was plausible.

hana looked at her phone for the time. the black and white wallpaper of a guy with his back turned around flashed on the screen above the clock that said '5:33 PM'.

"we have at least thirty minutes until the guys come. you can go out if you want," heeseung, sunghoon, and sunoo were in an empty classroom somewhere in the building at the moment with jake to plan out their performance for the festival, which didn't fall through somehow to seola's surprise.

the performance was supposed to be kept a secret however sunoo's Instagram stories said otherwise as pictures of the four of them in user kkmsnnoo's profile were posted pretty often, making a couple of eyebrows to raise. 

it was normal for the three of the guys to hang out since they were a part of the student council, the so-called 'idol sub-unit' of the council as dubbed by other students. 

but an additional member made it suspicious, also taking in the fact that jake was known to not really hang out with anybody except for someone in the photography club. 

students found it timely for him to suddenly appear in sunoo's Instagram stories including two more popular faces at the time of the school festival. 

seola shook her head, "it's fine. i'll stay here," she said. she didn't have anyone to hang out with either way. 

"oh, okay."

the sudden drop of silence in the room made her squirm in her seat, tapping the leathers of the couch to create faint noises that could accompany the awkwardness. was the leather always this.. leathery?