three ; umbrella.

☆★

"wait. i don't want to go home yet," seola tugged sunghoon's blazer. he adjusted the umbrella to cover two of their heads, "too late." 

"just walk to where your home is and i'll follow you with this umbrella."

she happily smiled, "what if i take you to an abandoned warehouse where my father's gang is hiding and will kill you as soon as we arrive there?" 

"i bet a thousand won that you don't even know an abandoned warehouse in this area."

seola looked away in annoyance as she muttered another set of curse words towards sunghoon. sunghoon watched her whispering threatening words to him, which probably should make him nervous or something.

but he found himself grinning in victory at her instead.

"let's go, shall we?"

☆★

the rain started pouring hard after five minutes of walking, and their whole 5 minute walk consisted of a cycle where the two of them will try to make an conversation to keep the atmosphere less awkward, then disagreeing, fighting, leading to them not talking, before actually thinking that the atmosphere became awkward again thus repeating the cycle.

"hey, sunghoon," seola lightly tapped his shoulder.

sunghoon faced her with an irritated look, "if you're going to say milk chocolate tastes better than dark chocolate then don't say it," she rolled her eyes. "i'm serious this time!" he tilted his head a bit, slightly intrigued that she finally had a serious topic in mind, "fine, what is it?"

she avoided eye contact due to the embarrassment she was suddenly feeling, "you won't laugh right?" sunghoon nodded as they turned to the left direction with the rain slowly starting to calm down.

"today, i didn't expect you to be talkative or just simply interact with me," she scratched her head, bracing for a sarcastic response or a mocking response from sunghoon.

instead, she heard him softly giggle. a pleasing tune to her ears.

her eyes widened as she turned to him with his face fully joyed, "why shouldn't i be talkative with my co-student council member?" he laughed, finding it unbelievable.

"we're bound to at least talk normally in the course of our term."

she got flustered with his unexpected response and looked away, "i.. i don't know! it's just i thought you liked being by yourself or only hung around kim sunoo."

"you approached me first, so i was comfortable talking to you even if you suddenly pulled me to a dark closet and even made me listen to your rants outside a convenience store while eating three different ice creams. quite a rollercoaster ride, really."

she strays away, the embarrassment hitting her again, "i forgot to apologize for that, i'm sorry," sunghoon shook his head, holding the umbrella closer to her. 

"no worries. it was fun to get closer to another person other than sunoo anyway," he smiled.

seola sighed in relief, getting relieved that he didn't think of her as a bother. 

they continued walking straight to a street where there were a row of houses. seola stopped walking which made sunghoon stop as well, "my house is right over there. you can leave me here since it isn't raining much anyway," she explained to him with a small smile.

"i don't mind walking more. it's a form of exercise anyway," she groaned when he refused. she was sure her dad was home, and if he saw her with some unknown dude, she would be too tired to explain.

"aren't you going to miss your bus or something?" she asked. he shook his head once again, "nope. why, are you worried? it's only the first day we talked properly, and you're worried about me already?" he teased, annoying her.

"my love is very expensive to get, ahn seola. better work for it."

"shut up," she glared at him as she walked away towards her house that was in the distance, leaving sunghoon behind with the umbrella on his hand.

"oi! my efforts to avoid you getting drenched will be wasted!" she heard his footsteps follow her from behind. 

he soon caught up to her speed and showed her a smirk of victory as he held the umbrella above her head. 

a small two-story house with white walls and a red roof greeted the both of them. the yard outside wasn't that big of a space but the numerous plants outside made it seem lively even with the gloomy weather.

"oh seola, you're already home? a little late compared to other days."

sunghoon was startled when a middle aged man with a frightening face suddenly appeared from behind the yard in gardening gear with the gloves with dirt and all.

he had tons of tattoos all around his arms and he was a big, tall guy. sunghoon went closer to seola's side getting scared that the story about the gang her father had was indeed true.

"i'm sorry. i had some business in the student council," the middle aged man nodded at her and looked at sunghoon next with eyes, almost glaring at him. "who's that kid?" sunghoon gulped as he grabbed his umbrella tightly as a weapon in case of an attack.

"oh, i didn't know you were still here," seola turned around to see sunghoon nervously looking around the garden while avoiding eye contact with her dad.

she shrugged and looked back to her dad who was waiting for an answer, "sunghoon meet my dad, dad meet park sunghoon, my classmate and the treasurer of the student council."

"n-nice to meet you sir—"

sunghoon was surprised when seola's father approached him with a big smile on his face and grabbed his hand before shaking it excitedly.

"are you my daughter's crush from the student council?! you're very handsome, young man! as soon as i saw you, i remember the days of my youth when i used to court my wife— but that's a different story i have in store. wait a second, I'll prepare us some tea!"

seola's dad excused himself and quickly went inside to their house while sunghoon wore a confused looked on his face and had difficulty in processing what suddenly happened. 

seola tried to stifle her laughter as she watched him blink twice while taking the time to take in her father's sudden personality change.

"he's not a gang boss that will kill me?" seola heard sunghoon whisper to himself that made her unable to control her laughter anymore. 

"everytime this happens, everyone's expression is priceless," she chuckled. many friends who met her dad always said the same things— he was scary. 

at first, she was offended. she knew her dad wasn't as scary as he looks to be. but as time passes and more people say the same thing, she laughs it off. it was better if they saw her father's colors themselves.

"let's go inside the house, we wouldn't want my dad waiting for you, don't you?" she leaned in his ear to whisper to him before walking past him and entering her house, still giggling to herself while remembering his dumbfounded expression. "cute," she mumbles with a smile.

sunghoon got back to his senses and looked around the area in case of a sniper was waiting to attack and followed her while loudly whispering, "hey! don't leave me alone! ahn seola!"