side chapter 01 ; l.hs and k.hn

all situations mentioned in this chapter are works of fiction.

☆★

the student council remains to be an ongoing and strong organization each year. numerous outstanding and competent students are elected as presidents from the third year classes specifically.

a student council president takes on many duties and responsibilities, including the planning and organizing for school events, supporting and helping the school at other means, fundraising, and the most important of all is the ability to hear the voices and opinions of the students.

however these are not just a job made for the president of the student council but these are also a shared task for each member that is a part of the council that is included within their roles.

hana always was observant around people and had a keen eye for people. this quality of hers came in handy once she had to form a party back when she was competing for the role of the student council president.

along her journey was her chosen vice president.

lee heeseung.

the person that had competed against her, and would compete with her together as long as she was willing to.

☆★

year one.

lee heeseung and kwon hana have been classmates since elementary.

despite being in the same class, the two were not close with each other and barely talked. a child after hanging out with the two of them could simply point out that they have similar traits.

whenever they were together, for a project or some sort, they would still never talk. blatantly ignoring each other's presence.

the two of them were competitive.

academically speaking, sports, or even simple games, both would be dead serious on being the highest, if not the second highest.

now in their first year of high school, heeseung and hana ended up in the same school and in the same class.

their good credentials that were the fruit of their competitiveness led them to be chosen to be the class representatives.

"oh." hana walks in the room, expecting the classroom to be empty as she was twenty minutes early for the meeting for all the year level representatives.

she wanted to be early to create a good impression, and it seemed like someone else had the same idea as her.

but she saw heeseung looking straight at her, his back slightly turned around to face her direction, with the same startled face as her. she stopped by the doorframe and raised her hand to stiffly greet him with her hand, "hi?" she says.

he was sitting right by the middle of the classroom, making him stand out in the sea of empty seats. "hi. a little early, aren't we?" he comments ironically.

"would say the same thing to you," she says as she didn't move from the place she was standing on. her eyes scans the room, deciding if she should sit beside heeseung or not in case he becomes uncomfortable.

there was one earbud connected from his wired earphones on his ear, making hana assume he was listening to music. he did seem like someone who enjoys music.

heeseung notices her scanning around and gestures at the obviously empty seat on both of his sides, "choose one. it'd be better if we sit together," he says.