twenty-four ; loving twenty-three.

☆★

"tell me why do i always have to witness you act like a fanboying idiot to your girlfriend when i don't even have one?"

it was a sunny day around eleven in the morning, and the gymnasium competed with the sheer liveliness and brightness of the sun. combined yells, cheers, chattering, and the court by itself made the gymnasium a thousand louder than a regular day.

today was far from a regular day as it was time for the school festival.

all entrances in the gymnasium were jam-packed with both students and outsiders tuning in to the finals of the volleyball game. it was a heated competition between the volleyball teams of the music club and the student council.

two boys, obviously late to the scene, squirmed past the west entrance of the gymnasium with people that were standing closely together like packed sardines. reason why they were late was because they filled in their shifts in looking after their movie theater that coincided with the game time slot.

sunghoon muttered quick excuse me's as he folded his tall figure lower and found gaps and spaces to go through. sunoo was behind him, following in his footsteps while muttering complaints. and muttering kind excuse me's to the ladies that meet his eyes.

the scoreboard probably moved three times max before they even got too close to the court, where a larger crowd had formed in front, depriving them of a view of the game in action. they could only see the yellow-blue tandem colored ball being flung around in the air from the left side, to the right side, left, right, left, right.

sunghoon, despite being almost or probably six foot tall, cranked his head his highest to take a glimpse of the court. and take a glimpse of a specific player, mostly.

"can you see seola?"

"what?"

"i said, can you see seola?"

"i heard you, sunghoon. i was just questioning your thinking abilities that assumed i could see seola in here."

they struggled for a while, navigating through the excited mass crowd to work their way to the front-which was most definitely easier said than done-while sticking their eyes in every moving player they could see.

as if he was godsent, the vice president rang sunghoon's phone and said he saved the two of them a spot in the benches on the student council team's side. they scurried hastier, bumping to a person or two in order to fully make their way around the court to the the other side where heeseung was. they eventually did after a few more bumping and a few more scores and ear deadening yells of glee.

"the two of you look like you both went through hell," heeseung commented seeing the two of them haggard and almost stilled of breath. he handed them water bottles each as sunghoon wasted no time in plopping down the bench and scanning the court for seola. "you're just in time for the last set, at least," he added.

wearing a blue jersey with the number twenty-three behind her back, seola was the team's blocker in advantage of her tall height. her hair that was probably tied neatly at the start of the game was hanging on dear life's edge as of the moment.

the distance between them was too far for him to grasp what expression she was bearing. was she nervous? excited? blank? angry? frustrated? or was she enjoying?

the lack of knowledge frustrated him a bit, but; there she was. standing in a court filled with people that cheered on for her and her team. representing and playing a position that completes, defends, and offends. and now they were in the finals after hours of playing.