seventeen ; by my side.

4.8k words ahead.

☆★

park sunghoon - school

7:33 AM

are you up?

read

typing...

seola stared at the screen, quite impressed that the boy immediately read her message sent early in the morning. typically kids their age wouldn't be up at such an early hour. they'll most probably wake up at around 11 A.M. or even as late as 3 P.M. in the afternoon.

well, why was she up at this hour then?

it's because ahn seola hasn't slept a wink at all. 

she had been up all night, tossing, turning, rotating, circling, possibly close to levitating, on her bed attempting to fall asleep.

soothing asmrs that allegedly help you fall asleep, fail. sketching and drawing, a big fail. plus it left her desk messier than ever with crumpled work. though she was able to draw something she was confused about.

the girl blinked her eyes, staring eye to eye at the watercolor portrait she drew aimlessly, without a single thought process. her clock ticked slowly and faintly in the background, the short hand pointing at 4 and the long one pointing at 9.

seola lifted her sketchbook to shine it by the minimal yellow light her desk lamp was giving. under the light, subtle details and pigments of the brushstrokes shone. 

the shades weren't popping of color, only a combination of natural and earthy hues were used and blended to make up a skin of the two dimensional figure of what seemed to be a person.

the person with malelike features, had short black hair streaked with white, dark blue, and a handful of darker colors for highlighting details. his eyes were iridescent, yet a hint of transparency was still there. his plump washed out cherry red, pink, with a subtle touch of peach lips were curved upwards into a smug, as if mockingly as he stared at her directly with his eyes that were essentially glimmering. 

she stared more at her creation, more with suspicion this time around. the subject of her drawing was certainly quite familiar.

a shrug escaped her lips, not dwelling over the thought. she dowsed her paintbrush on the muddy, concerning dark colored water on a mug beside her before dipped it a tad bit back to the red pigment. she dabbed the wet paintbrush on the page along his face, giving his face more hue.

the clock behind her ticked slowly, like a metronome. it was nearing five A.M and she had yet to sleep.

these weren't rare days at all. it comes to her randomly, though technically she wasn't insomniac either. still, she hates these days with passion. 

the feeling of wanting to sleep but your mind and body rejecting the idea was making her crazy. everytime she closes her eyes, a dark space in her mind fills the void. until a thought pops out. 

a typical thought. what happens when we die? 

will she be reincarnated as an object? a rock? or another person in her next life? is another universe real? is the ahn seola from the alternate universe sleeping well? did she meet the alternate universe park sunghoon of her own as well? she hopes she did.

and another thought. to another. until she remembers certains scenarios, both reality and a fraction of her imagination.

"i want to die," she mumbles, sitting up straight in her bed and yanking off her sleeping mask that covered her eye bags from the world, after she suddenly remembered the time when she attempted to confess to the lee heeseung, the vice president, with an unappealing heart shaped box of chocolates.