fifteen ; butterflies.

3.2k words ahead

☆★

"dad. i'm here with sunghoon."

per sunghoon's request, seola was the first one to enter the restaurant. on the outside, bright lights coming from 'ahn's noodles' stood out in the poorly dimmed streets.

there were more people dining tonight in comparison to when they previously ate. 

lively chatter filled the restaurant, along with the humid temperature hitting their skin in comparison to the cold, night breeze from outside.

sunghoon followed her with careful steps, trying to eye an empty table for him to quickly sit on.

mr. ahn was busy manning the kitchen but when he heard his daughter's voice from behind him, he turned his head around holding a knife he was using to cut his hand pulled noodles.

"welcome, sweetie," he adoringly smiles at his daughter. mr ahn notices sunghoon's tall figure behind seola, luckily not noticing how he was trying to minimize his height to not stand out in his eyes, and smiled at him, "welcome, sunghoon. make yourself comfortable."

"good.. good evening, sir," clearly there was still remaining unfamiliarity with mr ahn despite meeting for a couple of instances now.

"i'll serve you your food after i finish a few orders, would that be alright for the two of you?"

seola turned her head around, sunghoon greeting her glance with a quick nod. she looked back to her father, "sure. i'll help around while we wait," she says.

mr ahn shook his head adamantly, not wanting his daughter to work around after a busy day in school. "no, no. just wait for your food with sunghoon."

seola detached her bag from her shoulders, taking her father's words lightly. "it's fine. it'd be boring to wait around," she reasons out. her father only let out a sigh in response.

sunghoon chuckled upon observing their interaction. seola turned her attention towards him, "there. the one in the left side corner. the air conditioning there is really superb," she whispers, her eyes looking over to the spot in the very back on the left side of the restaurant. 

on top of the said table was the wall-mounted air conditioner. a perfect spot for summer, however the weather right now was the complete opposite of the summer heat.

"people sometimes despise the cold. sometimes they flock over the air conditioner. right now, they hate our lovely air conditioned spot. so we'll gladly take it." 

she places her bag over his hands. the bag weighed on him slightly and he exaggeratedly shrunk down his body to express the heaviness of her bag. "i think i'm becoming your servant as more days pass," he side comments, breathing a heavy and sarcastic sigh.

"i'm open to the idea of having a sunghoon servant. should we call you sung-vant? or ser-hoon?"

"seola."

"honestly, ser-hoon sounds nice and fitting," she disregards his threatening tone and proudly smiles at him. mr ahn turned around from thinly slicing onions and gave seola a fatherly glare on his eyes. it was stern yet still adjusted to a certain softness for his daughter. "ahn seola. stop teasing your friend and serve this to table ten." 

sunghoon took this as his opportunity to take revenge and stuck out his tongue in a childish manner. she stuck out her tongue back and shooed him away to the table she was referring to with her bag still in his hands. 

he chuckled when she tried to push him away lightly. he tilted his head backward to lean in, "my dumplings please. my very much free dumplings," he whispered for only her ears to hear, eyeing her dad on the corner of his eye.