fourteen ; the only exception.

☆★

kim sunoo thought it was always strange.

him and park sunghoon had been friends for a long time now. he knew how sunghoon acts as they naturally spend time together over the course of the years.

sunghoon, in the eyes of the masses, was a charming individual of good manners and intellect with refreshing visuals.

a treasure position was not an easy breezy position, going through multiple records and making sure funds and budgets are well-maintained. nevertheless, he still does a good job despite it being his first time running in the student council organization.

in the eyes of a particular sunoo, he knew exactly the other side of sunghoon.

"oi, buy me snacks."

"hey. buy it yourself. aren't you rich from your sponsorships?"

this was an inescapable situation when there were only the two of them wherein sunoo would massively roll his eyes and pays for his snacks while sunghoon pays for his own.

of course sunoo had the money— heck, he could probably get some snacks from the brand for free if he tried. it was only a way for him to 'test' sunghoon and their 'friendship'.

and a way to get free snacks in his own way.

but recently, sunoo noticed that the situation has now changed with seola hanging out with the two of them more often.

in this experiment, led by the kim sunoo himself, he would be testing if sunghoon would be easily convinced to pay if seola was involved.

"hey, buy me this," sunoo pointed at the ice cream freezer, grinning ear to ear at sunghoon. he likes the mint chocolate popsicle from a certain brand and it was luckily in the convenience store they entered to buy some snacks before their study session.

sunghoon turned his head around from scanning the aisles of chips in front of the freezer. an immediate disapproving look came from sunghoon's face.

sunoo anticipated this and quickly sprinted to the other side of the store by the candy section, locking eye contact with seola who was getting a quite alarming amount of gummy bear packs.

seola blinked her eyes, hiding the stacking packs of candy behind her back, the sound of wrappers rustling with each other faintly heard. "uh, hey.." she awkwardly smiles, "just getting some candy. are we paying already?"

sunoo shook his head. he was there for a different reason, "seola, do you want ice cream?"

the girl nodded slowly, "a strawberry one please," she says. he smiles delightfully, "no problem. i'll pay. your candy included," he winks.

even before seola got a say in his plan, sunoo sprinted back to the ice cream section. his shoulders danced with happiness as he passed sunghoon towards the ice cream freezer.

sunghoon eyed him suspiciously, lowering the hand that held the chips he was holding previously, "i'm worried," he shakes his head while sunoo finally was able to open the freezer, grabbing his ice cream as he hummed.

"sunghoon-ah. you know seola the best so which strawberry ice cream does she like?"

"i don't know. get the Melona one, maybe."