epilogue ; to the stars through hardships.

☆★

puppy love. innocent love. sometimes called the 'first love' where all is sweet, pure, but never lasting. relationships built out of innocence turned out to have a fragile foundation, based on people's observations.

a young man carried a girl on his back underneath the weakly lit streets during nighttime. he shook his head in disbelief with each step he took, "ahn seola. i swear. stop drinking so much. i'm afraid your body would flood with alcohol and burst one day."

"my heart only bursts for you, sunghoon!" seola drunkily giggled behind his back, feet kicking excitedly. he heaved a sigh while she actively squirmed. sunghoon adjusted her body upwards and fastened her in place. "i'm mad at you right now, don't talk to me."

"my hoooooooonieeeee!" she yelled in a thankfully empty street.

other than her fully flushed face and droopy eyelids, one could easily tell ahn seola was drunk once she calls her boyfriend of five years a nickname she never calls when she's sober.

"hoonie, i wuv you!" she stumbled with her consonants.

when not met with any response, she hitted his chest lightly in front, "hoonie! i love you! say it back, i! love! you!" she loudly cheered.

"love you."

"naaay! say, i love you! not love you!" seola drunkily complained.

"i love you."

"i love you, too!"

despite carrying her for more than five minutes and walking by foot at midnight in streets next to houses fast asleep whereas they were not, he loved seeing her drunk. she becomes a hundred times clingier than she normally is, which he adored.

'love you' the words, even though exchanged numerous times in the more than five years they were going out, still was special when said to seola. it still and will always gave him the lovestruck effect after all those years.

in both of their wrists, they wore similar looking silver bangles. the boy takes note everyday that the girl slumped over his back would have something to wear on her ring finger when the right time comes. for now, she was still in the middle of her graduation thesis and he was working on his final project in college after four years.

be it a puppy love, insta love, or whatever label—did not matter as long as they were together.

five years nearing six years with her did not matter in the end. because he still loved, respected, and admired her the same way he did from the start.

and how she never stopped piquing his interest everyday which he now identifies as a way of falling more in love with her. the same way he felt one afternoon when he left his wallet and came back to retrieve it in the student council room during his second year in high school.

"yaaaaay!" she rejoiced, more excited puppy like feet paddling action by his hips. "i love you too! hehe!"

"did you even finish the remaining chapters of your thesis?"

"zzzz."

"don't just verbally say z's to act like you're asleep, seol," he carried on another sigh. "what did i expect from someone wasted anyways?"

she dug her head on the crook of his neck, nuzzling her head gently against his skin. “you smell like sunghoon.”

“and you smell like alcohol,” he can’t help but chuckle. “what does sunghoon smell like?”

“home,” she replied, mumbling her words. “he smells like home.”

as his steps gradually became slower with her remark, she also slowly fell asleep with her hands flinging around over his chest. “a home doesn’t have a scent, idiot,” his words didn’t compare to how much the tips of his lips were rising upwards to his own idiotic grin.

she too not only smelled like his home, but was his own embodiment of home.

his home. 

this one love can last forever if the universe wants to.

and even if the universe doesn't want to, they would find a way to make this love to outlast even a star's lifetime.

THE END.

☆★

PLAYLIST!

the only exception — paramore

butterflies — abe parker

la lune — billie marten

by my side — JUNNY

for lovers who hesitate — JANNABI

so let’s love — day6

lover — taylor swift

style — taylor swift

pluto projector — rex orange county

nothing — jeremy passion

just a little bit — enhypen

puzzle piece — nct dream

AUTHOR'S NOTE.

finally

love the fact i first wrote this during enhypen's debut back in 2020 and now they're having their third mini album hahahahahahahahahah

i think i had a much more sophisticated and dramatic plot in mind but i also think i just wanted to write something cheesy and meaningless fluffy fluff fluff

as an Unhealthy consumer of angst media, i think there r times i feel numb of emotions cuz of all the crying and dramatic turns, therefore i need fluff breaks and so do you!

Oh and the sunoo book will be posted rn ahhaha do check it out in my profile if u wanna

to you engenes and dear readers, be it the ghost readers, active voters, and commenters that i absolutely love and anticipate per chapter—thank you so much for reading 'stars'!

bye bye see ya in d next book (a fairy's guide to romance)

if i don’t see u its on sight

kidding XD

 [i'm not.]