two ; rants.

fully rewritten. 01/22/22.

☆★

sunghoon amusingly watched seola repeatedly bang her head on the convenience store table while muttering curse words.

"aren't you getting hurt?" sunghoon asked her, getting a little concerned since she was going on for a while now. seola stopped banging her head to unwrap her third ice cream sundae of the day, "i am already hurt. you would never know."

he laughed, "aw that's soooo sad. i'm sorry," an inch of sincerity wasn't even in his voice.

she gave him a scowl, "at least try to act sorry, moron," he scratched his nape and pretended to think, "well, if i were you, i'll probably see this scenario coming. i mean, if you're both hot and you're the president and vice president of the--"

seola covered her ears and pretended to not hear him, "i can't hear you lalalalala bitch," she sang with an off key tone to drown his voice. 

"i don't really know why i don't talk to you before, but today's happenings proved that i was totally amazing for not talking to you," she said as she scoop her ice cream with the little spoon and put it in her mouth. the cold ice cream made her raise her shoulders in joy.

he wrapped his arms on his chest, "you just probably don't talk to me because you're intimidated by me. my looks are quite nice aren't they?" 

seola shrugged, "yeah. you look like someone i hate in middle school," she chuckled.

he shook his head, "well, i was well loved in middle school," he praised himself with a cocky expression.

"teacher's pet?"

"no, you idiot. it's because of me, park sunghoon, obviously?"

seola rolled her eyes, "okay. maybe in elementary school?" he shook his head once again and stared at the heart shaped box of chocolates that was now covered by different ice cream wrappers. he played with one of the wrappers, "not really. i wasn't that present during elementary."

"stirring up trouble?"

"i'll leave it to your imagination," he winks at her.

seola rested her head on top of her folded arms on the table. her eyes fell on the box of chocolates she was supposed to give heeseung. "say, i wonder how long they've been a couple. i wonder if they've done all those romantic things couples do," sunghoon followed her movements and stared at her.

"like, i don't know, hugging? kissing? going to cutesy dates and like talking until midnight and cheesy stuff?" she continued on ranting as sunghoon watched her.

"hm, maybe? they're even thinking of going on a date tomorrow," he answered back. seola sharply exhaled, "i like heeseung," sunghoon nodded a little, still observing her face. "i could see that."

he never really noticed her before and they never interacted with one another despite both being student council members and classmates. the only time they get to interact is when they have work. but other than that, they've probably spoken to each other for 2-3 times including the work purposes.

it was the first time he saw her up close.

she has short black hair that was tied in a braid on the back and was clipped by a small white ribbon with a few strands of hair covering her eyes.

her eyes, despite how students say they were always glaring or frowning, were mellow to him right now. he found her quite pretty, noticing the faded purple highlights on the ends of her hair.

"i like him, but if he's dating someone else, who am i to continue liking him? it'd be better to support his relationship than meddle. i stand no chance anyways," she sighs. 

"weren't you going to fight her?"

she blinked her eyes, "fight who? pres?"

"i was waiting for a confrontation scene. where you yank each other's hair then hyung is in the middle saying," he pauses and clears his throat. "stop fighting, look at me.. hey. ahn seola. stop laughing," he imitates a deep voice but soon glared at seola when she started bursting out laughing when he wasn't done with his act.

"you have a good sense of humor," she chuckles. "better stop watching dramas though."

sunghoon huffs, "i wasn't even done yet," he mumbles under his breath.

seola snickered. it was good that he was the one keeping her company. it'd be lonely if she would be eating a harmful amount of ice cream alone. the dim skies weren't even helping her case.

she finished the last of her cone, "ah. of course it would start raining on the day i get indirectly rejected. never forgetting the clichés," she said.

he turned his head over to her, "do you have an umbrella?"

"i don't. i forgot to bring one."

sunghoon went over to his backpack and opened his zipper. the noise made seola curious as he watched him pull out a black folding umbrella from his bag, "come. i'll take you home," he expanded the wand of the umbrella and forced the runner upwards the top.

the fully bloomed umbrella stood on top of his head. faint sounds of the rain slowly dropping down in the background. a split second of peace.

he looks back when she stops responding to him. "what's with the look? fallen for me already?" he chuckled, tilting the umbrella's handle as he tilted his head.

"no. my standards are way higher than that," she stands up and collects their, mostly her, trash and goes over to the trash bins near their table to throw the rubbish before standing next to the boy. 

he massively rolls his eyes, "you're not the only one with high standards," he stuck out his tongue.

"oh? weren't you staring at me a while ago?"

"i wasn't staring!"