one ; overheard.

a simple mistake led me to you.

☆★

seola took a deep breath.

her heart was skipping far too many beats than an average human could have. butterflies weren't the only insects anymore that were jumping up and down in chaos inside her stomach.

the girl looked down at her chocolates that were in a pink heart shaped box with a red ribbon wrapping it close. the perhaps already melted chocolates were her favorite milk chocolate, and she had to avoid herself delaying the confession just to eat the chocolate instead.

clueless about what the vice president likes, she assumed he would like milk chocolates. it was a crime if a person didn't like a flavor so basic. she held back in the convenience store over an hour deliberating which ribbon and color of the box was the cutest.

she held it closer to her. this was happening. she was about to do something that could change the way her life goes.

the girl's shaking hands found its courage to open the large, brown elegant two panelled doors of the room with the signage 'STUDENT COUNCIL ROOM' in big, bright crimson red bold letters.

"it's empty?" seola muttered to herself quite surprised as she thought that the president and the vice president would be here talking about reports and other stuff. the heart calmed down. she stood in the middle of the room, scratching her head while thinking where heeseung, the vice president, will go at this hour.

"he wouldn't go home this early," she said out loud, when she checked her phone for the time. '4:32 PM' was far too early.

does she go back? but it was such a shame, she was already here with the chocolates. she didn't know when she would find the courage to confess again.

she heard the doors creak, alerting her. the sudden rush of adrenaline made her immediately turn around, turning a fraction of her body to the direction of the door and loudly said, "sunbae! i like you! please go out with me!" she said with desperation evident in her voice as she bowed almost 90 degrees and extended the arm with her hands holding the box of chocolates.

"i'm not interested in dating. but thank you though,"

seola recognized that it was not heeseung's- the guy he likes- voice. she stood up straight to find herself sharing eye contact with her classmate and the student council's treasurer, park sunghoon.

well. shit happens, she supposes.

they stared at each other's eyes blankly and awkward silence filled the whole room. her eyes roam around the room, unfamiliarity strikes her. since they were on the second floor, if she jumps out the window right now, she'll never see sunghoon ever again in her lifetime, no?

maybe she should consider going overseas, stay there her whole life, skip every high school class reunion, and die.

she smiled at him. oh boy, she wanted to die now.

though she could get a grip of the boy's personality. she acted cool, lowering down the chocolates and stood up straight, "what are you doing here?" she asks. the question was stupid enough for sunghoon to quick roll his eyes on.

he walked past her, letting her feel the cold air as he passed. he took the black leather wallet that was sitting on top the table, "is it not obvious that i clearly have the authority as a member of a student council to go in and out the student council room at any time i like," he said.

he's right, he has a point.

maybe it was all the emotions she was feeling right at the start but her blood was boiling.