twelve ; a sudden feeling.

!! 4.3k words ahead !!

☆★

a table that consisted of three people quitely stared at the grill on the center of the table that was full of light brown colored meat sizzling in heated oil with seriousness and impatience on each face.

"sunghoon. flip them right now," seola said to the boy sitting beside her, all impatient with the savory aroma of meat coming through her direction.

sunghoon shook his head while holding the metal tongs up, "give it more time," he responded, believing that the meat should be cooked more.

seola gave him an obvious look of disagreement, "dude, the meat would literally burn," he shook his head once more, "trust me. it won't," he patted his chest with a confident expression.

"it's gonna burn,"

"no. it won't,"

hana looked at the two of them in front of her, back and forth with an awkward smile as they continued bickering. seola's face was full of doubt as she crossed her arms on her chest, "pres, the meat would burn right?" she asked the girl in front of them, who was quietly observing them.

she shrugged, unsure of the outcome herself as she wasn't that knowleagable with meat unlike the two of them for some reason.

"i'd say we flip it after thirty seconds since it's been around two minutes when we started grilling. both sides of the meat should be balanced after all," she said in a gentle, almost elegant manner that seola and sunghoon looked up to her with focused eyes to make sure she was still talking about the meat.

sunghoon turned his head to face seola with a smug look, "heh. i told you-"

he was about to tease her but was interrupted when she immediately picked up a piece of lettuce with her chopsticks from the wooden basket the owner gave them upon ordering and stuffed it on his mouth to refrain annoying her any further.

seola watched him cover his mouth while struggling to wholely chew on a large piece of lettuce with a smile mixed with satisfaction and evilness on her lips, "don't forget to eat your greens, kiddo!" she happily reminded him before patting his head as he returned a silent and softened glare while finally flipping the meat one by one as he chew.

hana chuckled at their interactions which she's seeing for the first time in front of her, "it's good that the two of you are close now. i was really worried before that you don't get along with each other," she sighed, wearing a small smile.

seola hummed while pretending to think to herself, "i think we get along pretty well. and we could've been friends long before if he didn't ignore me," she straightforwardly pointed at the boy who was currently staring at the meat with innocent eyes, as if staring at them intently would help speed up the process.

the boy looked at her direction again with a frown upon hearing her claim, "i swear. i never ignored you before," he put up both of his hands up out of nowhere and looked over hana with a deadpanned expression, "pres, you can be the star witness. please testify that, i, park sunghoon, has never saw the accuser, aka ms.ahn, talk nor look at my way for the past months that we've been together in the student council," he recited in one go without any pauses and focused back to the meat that was practically almost cooked.