eighteen ; love is in the air.

late vday's post (3.9k words) hope you had / have a good valentine's day! ^^

☆★

"love is in the air! for all the ones with another pair, our bright president kwon hana mentions to not partake in any inappropriate acts within school grounds. ahem. and for those who'll be spending valentine's day alone, cheers my fellow comrade!" the bright voice of the announcer from the radio club echoed in the speakers in the hallways. 

"single or taken, the radio club invites you to join us in a live radio session starting at two pm on our official Facebook page! romantic love stories submitted by our fellow students will be shared, and if you need any advice for any love problems, the radio club has you covered. submissions are still ongoing up until one thirty pm folks!"

valentine's day was always quite troublesome. 

couples walking in hallways left and right inseparable as ever, sly smiles in their lips as their hands never parted away from each other. most afternoon classes were put into self-study, though not many students studied at this period and a quarter of them were flocking in either the gymnasium or in the classrooms of their significant others.

this year, the student council organized a 'confession booth'. it wasn't too extravagant nor too shabby. it was the largest portable booth stationed in the gymnasium, alongside the other booths of different clubs. the gardening club with their flower booths which weren't personally grown by them but the flower arrangements will be made by the members themselves, and the cooking club with their homemade sweets such as heart shaped cookies, chocolates, and the like.

the student council's concept was quite simple: submissions for confessional messages were sent via messaging apps in the student council's official account or via in the booth where they personally submit their messages. 

these messages will be then printed out and placed into a box where the members will randomly pick through each one and read them by the microphone that was connected to the speakers, keeping the sender's identity as anonymous. 

it can be taken into account that the student council would be the one of the busiest the whole day. and it was correct. 

the normally organized student council room was in chaos since the morning. all five of them were excused in their respective classes to organize an event that would make their fellow students satisfied.

"there's still submissions going in our dms," seola announced, staring up from her laptop. 

"ignore them. it was already stated that message submissions should be only until twelve pm. send them the default message. the one that says any more submissions can be done through the physical booth later," hana instructs sternly without looking up as she cuts the paper with a pair of scissors. 

hana then looked up from cutting, "have you eaten your lunch?" 

seola stretched her arms upwards in the air, faint noises of her bones cracking. "not yet. i'll go out to eat when sunghoon and sunoo returns so we can switch shifts," she replied. "they're taking a long time." 

heeseung, who returned from the backroom with his cup of instant noodles in his hands, only chuckled. "i told them to never go to the cafeteria on these kinds of days. but, they laughed it off saying it wouldn't be that bad," he sipped off the cup like it was a cup of coffee, "they'll return from war soon. i experienced it for two consecutive valentine's day. for my last year, i chose peace." 

seola shrugged in response. she knew that those two were popular faces, sunghoon and sunoo. although sunoo was definitely more favored upon, sunghoon was a close contender from all grade levels. she could only imagine their faces, carrying all the chocolates and letters in their hands.