six ; night walks.

☆★

"

you weren't kidding when you said your dad makes the best kimchi stew because that kimchi stew i just tasted was the best of the best!"

seola proudly walked beside sunghoon as he continued praising her dad's cooking. 

"what else?" she asked.

sunghoon's face lit up, eager to talk about the topic more. "the spicy fish cake side dish was so good too!" he grinned. "i can probably talk about your dad's cooking for weeks," she chuckled, "you'll end up bragging about it more than i do as his daughter."

the two of them were walking to the bus stop that was just near their neighborhood. sunghoon insisted that he didn't need to be accompanied but she went out with him nevertheless.

 it was around seven pm and the full moon shone bright along with the stars that were twinkling above them.

"so, how are we going to meet up tomorrow?"

"uh, can i text you an address and go there? i might not be able to go to your house to fetch you because—"

seola smiled, interrupting him. "of course. but, how are you going to text me if you don't have my number?" she smirked. a boy never asked for her number before, might as well take advantage of this.

sunghoon rolled his eyes, not liking her teasing, "then ask for my number, duh," he said as she snickered at his sarcastic comment.

"why would i ask for your number?! i have my own pride as a woman too, you know!" she stopped walking and started yelling at him.

he stopped walking as well, offended. "you think you're the only one who has pride?! i have my pride as a guy too!" he bickered back.

they sharply glared at each other, both not even daring to say a word. seola gave up first and crossed her arms on her chest, "then. we both ask for our numbers at the same time," she suggested.

sunghoon blankly looked at her, "huh?" he confusedly said, not really getting what she said. she felt her head hurt and ears starting to heat up, getting red because of embarrassment. 

she turned around, "you and i exchange numbers at the same time!"

his eyes noticed something bright red on her ears which made him come closer, thinking it was an accessory or a bug that got caught on her hair by her ears. he brushed her hair to the side that was covering her ears so he could see.

he bursted into laughter when he saw that the bright red thing that was on her ears was actually the color of her ears right now. he laughed, "your ears are blushing!" he pointed out while uncontrollably laughing.

seola instantly covered her ears and kicked his leg repeatedly with her foot. she felt her cold hands gradually getting warmer while covering her red ears that were burning up, "i hope you trip over a rock while walking you demon," she angrily murmured while continuing to kick him.

he had a hard time trying to avoid her kicks while laughing. his eyes creased as he let out a chuckle, "okay, okay, i get it. i'm sorry," she ignored him, and gave him a last hard kick on his left leg instead of responding.

she stopped covering her ears when she felt like her ears were cooler and he took out his phone. "as my apology, i'll be the one to ask for your number. is that alright?" he teasingly grinned.

she glanced at his phone first before rolling her eyes, "fine," she sighed and snatched his phone from his hand and typed in her number with heavy fingertips.