twenty ; confessions and roses.

☆★

sunghoon was in a pinch. 

the two men went outside the girl's room, the older one shutting it close softly. mr ahn turned around and stared at sunghoon up and down suspiciously.

the boy bowed politely, "i apologize for barging in unannounced," he said. he looked up to check his expression. there was still a glare in his eyes. "—sir." he added.

mr ahn heavily sighed and waved his hand, "we'll talk about this later. stand up straight." sunghoon stiffly stood up, "yes, sir."

"did you eat dinner, boy?" 

"pardon?"

mr ahn crossed his arms on his chest. his tattoos showed in his long sleeved polo, "do you want me to repeat myself?" he glared.

a glare that could surely send a shiver down one's spine. and it literally did as sunghoon felt it with just one glance. "i haven't eaten dinner yet."

"—sir." he quietly added once more.

seola's father walked past him towards the stairs. "come down when you're ready. i'll cook you dinner."

mr ahn stopped walking midway. without turning around, he said:

"then, we'll talk."

☆★

ahn junyeong, nicknamed mr ahn, was the father of one child. his light and joy, his only child and daughter, ahn seola.

mr ahn was fairly tall, matching his build that could tower and leave children cowering. his tattoos on his arms and the glare that was always in his eyes seemed to make one or two children cry.

seola never was scared of her own father. she adored her father the same way he adored her back.

mr ahn's hands were always open wide for seola to jump on during award ceremonies.

from her very first gold medal for an art competition during elementary. 

"seola! here!" seola would launch herself to his arms when she heard her papa's voice. once she was secured in her father's warm teddy-like embrace, he would ruffle her head proudly, "words cannot explain how proud i am to have you as my child."

her second gold medal.

her third gold medal.

her first silver in her last year of elementary.

"come here— seola, are you crying?"

the child that buried her head on his shirt nodded in between sniffs and tears. mr ahn lowered himself to see her daughter's crying face. the eyes similar and as tough as a tiger's watered just with the sight of his daughter full of pain. 

nonetheless, he gripped her shoulders tight, smiling at her.

he wiped her tears as she kept on producing more, "how amazing you are, sweetie. you're the only silver medalist in the whole competition!" he cheerfully chirped.

seola wanted to interrupt but mr ahn hushed her quickly. 

"i know you're frustrated, seola. i could see it," he smiled adoringly at his daughter. how fast did time pass that his girl was now growing up?

"never drown and discredit your hard work and accomplishments. your old man could see all the effort you put during competitions. me and your mother are always proud of you."