four ; her home.

☆★

"dad! i'm going to change my clothes so take care of my friend sunghoon, alright?" 

"sure!" her father lively answered as sunghoon tugged seola's shirt. "what?" she asked impatiently, wanting to change out of her uniform. "don't leave me alone," he mouthed to her still with a scared look on his face.

she rolled her eyes, "do you want to see me change or something?" she sassed.

she snickered when he instantly let go of his uniform and shook his head. she patted his shoulder and teasingly smiled, "then, you're on your own, buddy. have fun with my dad!" she winked at him.

sunghoon's eyes widen and he tried to catch her but failed when she suddenly ran up the stairs while laughing evilly.

"sunghoon-ah, the tea's ready," sunghoon was startled yet again when mr ahn called his name from behind gently.

he immediately responded, "yes sir!" he shouted as if he was a part of the military. mr ahn confusedly smiled and scratched his head, "ah, no need for the formalities. mr ahn is fine with me," he sweetly smiled at the young boy that was sweating profusely.

"yes sir- ah, mr ahn," sunghoon awkwardly smiled. 

the two of them awkwardly stood there without a word and after a minute passed by, mr ahn finally spoke. "the tea would get cold if we stand here longer, won't it? come, i'll show you to our dining table," mr ahn said, fanning his hand towards him.

sunghoon followed seola's father to the supposed dining room. he was in awe when he saw the room, it was a small area that was surrounded by windows that made the room naturally lit by sunlight and a glass sliding door that leads to the garden. there were also paintings of different sceneries hanged on the wall in frames.

he looked closely at the paintings that were on the walls and stared at them. there were three 10 x 10 paintings that were hung on the bare white wall of the dining room. 

the first painting on the left was a painting of a black shadow of a mother holding her child up in the air with the sun setting behind them that was portrayed by the colors orange mixed with black and yellow. 

the painting in the center was a simple painting of a beach sunset that had a beautiful mix of colors for the sky with the blue waves and light brown sand that complimented the aesthetically pleasing sky well.

sunghoon's eyes fixated on the last painting that was hung on the wall. it was a painting of a black shadow of a girl riding a swing that was tied on a big tree without any leaves at night. the swing that was tied next to it was empty, which intrigued him.

seola's father noticed sunghoon staring at the painting for a while and he approached him, "ah, those are the paintings seola made some time ago," he smiled proudly while staring at his daughter's artworks. 

sunghoon looked back at him, completely shocked that she has a talent in art. well to be fair, they just recently talked. but he never heard any news of the girl competing for any art related competitions at school, nor did he remembers if she was complimented by teachers in their drawing activities anyways.

"really?" he said with a high tone, still surprised.

mr ahn nodded, "yup. that's my daughter's work," he laughed humbly, his eyes crinkling while laughing.

sunghoon noticed how similar seola is with her dad when she laughs and how similar she was when her dad was not smiling, scary and intimidating, he thought that having a face opposite to their personality must've run in their genes.

"let's sit," mr ahn gestured to one of the chairs to sunghoon for him to sit on. sunghoon quietly thanked him and sat on the chair, feeling less tense with the comfy seating.

mr.ahn sat on the chair right across sunghoon and started pouring tea in two of the three teacups that was on the table.

"thank you, sir," sunghoon thanked him when mr ahn handed him a cup that was full of tea. "seola told me that you are actually not that guy that my daughter likes. may i ask you your relationship with my daughter?" sunghoon almost choked on his tea and defensively looked at him. "i'm just a friend! in fact, we just only talked today," he said as he continued to panic while using hand gestures.

"dad, have you water the plants yet?" 

sunghoon sighed in relief when he saw seola in comfortable clothing, a plain white t-shirt and some sweatpants, coming into the dining room. her hair was now fully free from the braids she had, and mr ahn placed a teacup full of tea next to sunghoon, "yes, i did around ten minutes ago," seola nodded and sat next to sunghoon.

seola faced sunghoon who was peacefully taking sips of his tea. "so, are you ready to become a part of my family now?" she said with a serious tone. "huh?" he cluelessly answered. mr ahn and seola bursted laughing in unison with seola hitting sunghoon's shoulder while laughing uncontrollably.

"his facial expressions are really priceless!" sunghoon gave her a soft glare so he would not get caught by her dad.

seola chuckled when she noticed sunghoon giving him a dirty look, and stopped laughing. "sunghoon's eating dinner with us today. i want him to taste your special kimchi stew," sunghoon looked at her shocked. he absolutely have no memory in planning to eat dinner in her house.

mr ahn clapped excitedly, "really?! then i should prepare dinner right away," he stood up from his chair and went to the kitchen right away.

sunghoon awkwardly smiled and turned his head slowly to seola after her father left. he sighed when seola ignored him and continued scrolling through her phone, "i guess i'll be staying for a while," seola heard him mutter and she grinned at him, raising her head up from her phone.

"hey, my father's kimchi stew is the best!" she exclaimed. she noticed his grim expression, "let's go to the neighborhood park while waiting," she stood up and pulled his arm to make him stand up.

"i'll be taking sunghoon out while you're cooking!" seola shouted for her dad to hear. "mmm okay! have fun!" her dad instantly replied back and the sound of chopping started.

seola pulled the hand of an already flimsy, and tired sunghoon outside, "why are you so energetic?" sunghoon mumbled again and shook his head in disbelief, letting seola pull his poor arm outside of her house.