In Between II

Closing her eyes as she hold the hand of her best friend that also happened to be her campaign manager, they started to wait. They started to wait for the result of the first polls in silence.

"Polls are coming in."A voice suddenly uttered and that made her tighten her grip on her best friend's hand.

"Hey, hey, relax, Mary Louise."She whispered and she just nodded, still not opening her eyes.

"Results for our first ever polls for Los Angeles mayor is starting to come in and our female candidate is in the lead, proving that from the very beginning, she is the favorite."

"But results can still change in the next minutes because at our candidates' first debate, it shocked the people that Meryl Streep and Pierce Brosnan almost have the same beliefs and opinions on how to make Los Angeles better."

"We are leading Mary Louise, for God's sake open your eyes."Her best friend said sternly and she shook her head.

"Cherilyn, they said that the poll results can still change."Meryl replied and Cher let out a sigh.

"Oh, my God, Mary Louise, it's just the poll. You know how polls work, there are times where the person who win the polls doesn't really win the elections."Cher uttered.

"Yes, I know that, but polls are still important."Meryl said and Cher rolled her eyeballs.

"Are you gonna open your eyes or I'm going to call your mother right now?"Cher asked and Meryl quickly opened her eyes that made Cher laugh.

"Don't you dare call my mother."Meryl said and Cher is still laughing.

"And while we're waiting for more votes for Los Angeles mayor, we just received the partial poll votes of three more cities."

"Alright guys, we need to get more coffee in here, I'm sure Los Angeles' polls will show up later."Cher announced before looking back at Meryl.

"You need to calm your nerves."Cher said and Meryl looked at her.

"Cher, the meeting with the governor is tomorrow. If I lose the polls, that will lessen the chance of him endorsing me."Meryl explained and Cher let out a sigh.

"I know politics right now includes sexism, many politicians still believes that men are more suitable in office with high power but I know how you talk to people, I know how you can change things around. Because you know how to show them what you are worth. You are more than the woman they think you are, Mary Louise."Cher explained and she smiled before nodding.

"Can we order pizza for everyone or it is still early?"Meryl asked all of a sudden.

"It's never early for food, Mary Louise."Cher answered and the two of them laughed.

"Have you talked to Andy already, though?"Meryl asked after they asked someone to order pizza.

"We didn't see each other last night but the other night we did."Cher answered and Meryl's forehead creased.

"Why don't you just reconcile with him?It's clear that you two still love each other."Meryl uttered.

"We are actually talking about that already which is I thought was never going to happen and we both agreed that after the elections. Which is three months from now."Cher explained.

"So right now we're together for the sex."Cher added and Meryl hit her arm.

"My God, you two are horny bitches."Meryl said, giggling.

"Believe me when I say that I wanted to release my stress with other men but no one chokes like him."Cher said softly and Meryl scrunched her face.