Favorite Scars IV

"You are worth the wait."Pierce whispered that made her smile.

"Thank you."Meryl said and he noticed her heavy eyes right away as he stare at her more.

"Take a nap. C'mon. The bed is free. I'm just here."Pierce said and he kissed her forehead.

"Wake me up right away when the food is ready okay?"Meryl said and it made Pierce softly giggle.

"I will."Pierce answered and Meryl lied comfortable beside him.

Pierce started stroking her hair as she fall to her deep slumber and it made him smile that she is the woman that is really giving him butterflies. In the short period of time that he have known her, her presence is just making his heart jump and that hits different. She is different.

"Pierce, the food is ready."A voice uttered after more than an hour and that made Pierce look up. It's his mother.

"I'll follow. I'll just wake her up."Pierce replied.

"Were you watching her the whole time?"His mother asked.

"No. I was just stroking her hair and her back. Just occassional glances."Pierce answered.

"Have you fallen in love with her?"Mary asked.

"Yes. It's too fast but I just think that it's love at first sight. She really is different mom."Pierce answered and his mother just nodded with a smile.

"Wake her up now, the food is waiting."Mary uttered before leaving and Pierce smiled.

"Meryl?Meryl?"Pierce whispered and he started tapping her arm gently.

"Meryl?"Pierce said and that made her open her eyes.

"Yeah?"Meryl asked and he chortled.

"The food is ready."Pierce answered and she slowly sat up.

"That was a good nap."Meryl said all of a sudden that made him laugh.

"I know. Let's go?"Pierce asked and Meryl nodded with a smile.

They both headed to the dining area right away where Pierce's mom and dad are waiting and for the whole meal, all they did was really get to know Meryl. They shared some stories to her and she also shared some stories to them. After the meal, Meryl rested a little before going home that bummed Pierce a little but of course, he understands that she still have work the next day.

The next day, Meryl went to work as usual and she is glad that it is just an 18-hour shift. She headed to their locker room right away and Christine is already there.

"Hey, good morning."Meryl greeted as she open her locker.

"Good morning."Christine greeted back before grabbing Meryl's cup of coffee.

"How's the meeting of the parents?"Christine asked right away that made Meryl laugh.

"It was great. His parents said a lot of amazing stories, they just made me feel comfortable with them and it just felt like home."Meryl answered.

"So it is possible now that you two will actually have a relationship?"Christine asked.

"Yeah, I mean, I don't really wanna rush everything at the moment and we've already talked about it that he still needs to recover."Meryl answered.

"How about his past?"Christine asked all of a sudden.

"I don't know. Honestly, that is one of the things that I'm also afraid of but let's just see."Meryl answered.

"Do you have any surgery today?"Christine asked as they walk to the nurse's station.

"Just one."Meryl answered before grabbing her patients' charts.