Game Over

Running to his office, his heart sank seeing that it is true. Divorce papers are already on his table. He grabbed it before running to where she is and he found her already packing some of her things.

"Meryl, please?L-Let's talk about this, please?"He asked as he run to her.

"I'm tired, Pierce. I'm so tired fighting for our relationship. The more I stay in our marriage, the more that I'll break and it will also hurt the girls more."She answered and he shook his head as he unpack the clothes that is already in her suitcase.

"No, no, I will go to therapy. We will work this out. I know I'm so stupid, but we will work this out."He uttered but she is still packing some of her clothes.

"Just please, stop. Just let me go."Meryl said almost a whisper as tears once again roll down her cheeks.

"I won't let that happen, Meryl. I love you. I love you and the girls so much. I'm not letting anything go."Pierce said and Meryl held his hand.

"Just stop!"She roared that made his eyes go round.

"For months on end, I always questionned if the problem is me."She started, looking straight into his eyes.

"I know one day I just stopped giving you my full attention because of work and the girls and the house but I was looking for the right time to be with you again because I am suppose to be your wife, that's my duty."She continued.

"All these years, I was your wife, Pierce. I tried. I gave it my all. There are times where I get tired because my plate is already full and there are times where you become so busy you never have the time to notice me but never once did I think about cheating on you because I love you so much. I fucking love you, Pierce!"She continued and she once again broke down crying.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry."Meryl cried and Pierce cupped her face.

"No, please, I'm sorry."Pierce whispered and she shook her head.

"I just can't fight for you anymore, Pierce. I'm sorry. Please, don't make this hard for us anymore."She said almost whisper and he slowly kneeled down, hugging her waist.

"Let's talk, please?"Pierce asked and she kneeled down to be eye-level with him.

"There is nothing to talk about anymore."She answered.

"I'm gonna tell you everything. I-I'll be honest. Just please, let's work this out. I love you, Meryl."Pierce said and she shook her head.

"Okay, just answer my question. Why, Pierce?"Meryl asked and he held her hands.

"I became self-absorbed. I became fed up with the fact that you're always moody and that you don't want to be with me anymore. I know it is such a stupid reason, but I-I just found other people who gave me attention."He answered and she nodded.

"That's fucked up, Pierce."Meryl said before standing up.

"The girls will be home from their trip tomorrow. We'll give them time to rest and we'll talk to them."Meryl uttered, wiping her tears.

"I want you to tell the girls that you cheated because you became self-absorbed thinking that my world just revolved around you. I want you to tell our daughters that you slept with women who are half your age because you found the attention that I wasn't able to give you. I want you to tell them that I am tired fighting for you and for our relationship."Meryl said calmly and he is still on his knees, crying.

"I'm gonna tell them that I saw their father fucking another woman on our bed. I'm gonna tell them I filed for divorce. I'm gonna tell them that I did my best to fix this, fix us, for the sake of them."She added and she started packing her things.