Favorite Scars V

Meryl is still speechless after what dr. Smith told her and she just don't know what to feel. She don't know if she's going to get mad or if she's going to cry. She just don't know.

"You okay?"Christine asked her softly.

"I-I don't know. Why didn't he tell me that London is waiting for him after his recovery?"Meryl asked.

"Meryl, I am sure he have a reason or maybe dr. Smith is just playing with your mind. You know her, she's the ex."Christine answered.

"Yes, she's the ex and she still knows lots of things about him more than me, the current girlfriend. My God, my insecurities are starting to creep in and those are the feelings that I don't wanna feel."Meryl said softly.

"Hey, listen, she may became his girlfriend before you but Meryl, Pierce chose you. And Pierce still choosing to be with you every single day. You don't have to be insecure right away, all you have to do is talk to him. He's your boyfriend and whatever you are feeling that involves him, he needs to know."Christine said and Meryl grabbed her patients' charts.

"I'm gonna do my rounds now. See you later."Meryl said and Christine just let out a sigh.

Meryl did her work as usual but the thought of Pierce leaving once he is fully recovered is still bothering her and also the fact that Pierce can go back to work in less than eight weeks is really messing with her feelings.

After her shift, Meryl found Pierce waiting for her at the hospital's parking lot as usual and he is smiling at her from ear-to-ear as he show her the cup of iced coffee that he bought for her.

"Hello, my love."Pierce greeted right away and he was suppose to give a peck on her lips but she looked away, making his lips land on her cheek.

"You okay, my love?"Pierce asked and Meryl let out a sigh.

"Can you just take me home?To my apartment."Meryl answered and it made Pierce's forehead crease.

"Uhmm wanna talk about it when we got to your place?"Pierce asked.

"Can you just please, take me home. I'm tired, Pierce. So tired."Meryl answered and Pierce just slowly nodded before opening the car door for her.

For the whole ride on the way to Meryl's apartment, no one dared to talk and it is concerning Pierce because she doesn't wanna speak up and at the same time, he don't wanna force her to tell him what's wrong.

"You want me to cook breakfast or order breakfast?"Pierce asked the moment they reached her place.

"All I want right now is peace of mind."Meryl answered as she go to her room and Pierce followed her.

"Did I do something wrong, babe?Can you please tell me?"Pierce asked but Meryl didn't answer him.

"I know you get cranky when you're already sleepy but not like that."Pierce uttered but still, Meryl just headed on and took a bath that made Pierce let out a sigh.

Pierce waited for Meryl as she take her refreshing bath and he is thinking about everything that he did or said to her the past days that might be the reason why she is mad at him.

"Why are you still here?"A voice asked after a few moments and it is Meryl who just stepped out of the shower.

"I uhmm I am waiting for my girlfriend."Pierce answered and Meryl rolled her eyeballs at him.