Runaway II

Slowly dropping the empty tray on the counter, she smiled, just savoring her first day at her new work which she enjoys.

"Hey, Meryl, you're back. Sir Pierce said that you need to go to his house for a while. He needs you for something."The man behind the counter uttered as she check the remaining customers' orders.

"Oh, really?Okay, I'll be back."Meryl said before walking to the place where Pierce fed her and let her freshen up.

She knocked a couple of times before going in the house and her jaw dropped when the place changed almost drastically.

"Pierce?"She called for him as she look around.

"Hey, you're here."A voice suddenly uttered and she looked at him.

"As you can see, we already have two beds. That side is yours, and I also uhmm added a small closet space for you."Pierce said and she shook her head.

"Pierce, that's already too much. I'm already okay with the roof over my head and having a job."Meryl said and Pierce softly giggled.

"Well, this is a roof over your head."Pierce said and Meryl let out a sigh.

"Thank you again for all of this. I don't actually know how to pay you back."Meryl said and Pierce smiled.

"Don't worry about paying me back. Right now, I want you to just get back on your feet, this day have been rough."Pierce said and tears suddenly started rolling down her cheeks.

"Oh, my God, you're making me cry."Meryl said and he hugged her.

"Don't cry, us here at the resort, we are all going to be with you."Pierce said and she nodded.

"I'm sure my family's going crazy looking for me right now."Meryl said and the two of them giggled.

"And I'm sure his family is going crazy because I broke the arrangement."Meryl added and Pierce looked at her.

"What do you mean broke the arrangement?If it's okay to ask."Pierce said as he pull back from the hug and Meryl wiped her tears.

"It was an arranged marriage. My parents want me to marry Daniel, because they are one of the biggest companies and he is the heir. They said that if I married him, I'll have a better life and his parents will trust our company more."Meryl explained as she sit at the edge of the bed.

"And literally running away is the only answer."Pierce said and Meryl nodded with a hum.

"They thought I already fell for him, you know. Because I went to parties with him, I go with him in his office at times."Meryl said and Pierce is just nodding.

"I was pretending. They didn't know that I was already planning to run."Meryl added and she looked at Pierce.

"Where is the uhmm wedding gown, by the way?"She asked all of a sudden.

"I kept it in a room."He answered and her forehead creased.

"What room?"She asked.

"At the very back of a storage room."He answered and she giggled.

"I thought you already burned it."Meryl said and he shook his head.

"If you wanna burn it, tell me, but I'm not going to burn that without your consent."Pierce said and she nodded.

"I'll let you know if I'm gonna burn it already."Meryl said and he smiled.

"C'mon, let's watch the sunset."Pierce said all of a sudden.

"I still have work, SIR Pierce."Meryl said and Pierce giggled.

"No, you need to rest now. C'mon, let's watch the sunset, just trust me."Pierce said, holding her hand and she rolled her eyeballs.