Favorite Scars I

A quiet hallway, a little dimmed lights and just some gentle chatters. Those are the ones that welcomed her from the moment she closed the door of the last patient that she had to see for the night. Drooping eyes and aching body. That is all she feels after almost two days of no sleep and what feels like endless surgeries and hospital rounds.

"Dr. Streep new patient at room 1022."The nurse uttered the moment she dropped her chart on the table.

"But I thought that is dr. Williams' patient?"She asked with forehead creased.

"Dr. Williams filed an emergency leave and the chief wants you to take over."The nurse answered.

"Can I have the patient's chart then, please?Thank you."She said softly and the nurse gave her the chart right away.

"Pierce Brosnan?Is this the famous lawyer?"She asked as she read the patient's chart.

"Yes, and he is also good looking."A voice suddenly intervened that made her look up.

"Hey, Christine, surgery's done?"She asked.

"Fortunately, it is."She answered.

"Wanna grab some coffee?I really need one or two."Christine said and that made her softly giggle.

"Sure, I'll just borrow this patient's chart."She said with a smile.

"Meryl, can you relax?You can meet the patient tomorrow."Christine uttered as her and Meryl sit on the cafeteria's table.

"Wait, he have a scheduled surgery the day after tomorrow?An open heart surgery?"Meryl asked all of a sudden.

"The man had a heart attack. Blocked arteries that's why."Christine answered.

"And blood clots. Are you going to be my attending anesthesiologist for the surgery, though?"Meryl asked, closing the chart.

"Why?You don't want dr. Smith?"Christine asked before sipping on her coffee.

"We don't really vibe and I've had surgeries with her as my anesthesiologist and her hate towards me follows in the operating room and I don't want that."Meryl answered.

"I think your patient is her ex-boyfriend though because I've seen that patient go here before to pick-up dr. Smith."Christine said and Meryl pursed her lips.

"Can you please be my anesthesiologist for the operation?I'll talk to chief."Meryl said and Christine laughed.

"I'm the assigned anesthesiologist for that operation. Relax."Christine said and Meryl let out a sigh.

"Good. But have you met this patient?"Meryl asked.

"No, but he have been listed in like top ten most handsome bachelors in New York. They also said that he is one of the great lawyers here in New York and that's a plus."Christine answered.

"Hmmm, so we have no problem in payment and stuff but we have to naill this operation because if something went wrong, we might get sued."Meryl said and Christine giggled.

"Meryl, you are a great doctor. I'm sure you'll naill this."Christine said and she smiled.

"I miss having a life though. I miss dressing up for parties."Meryl said all of a sudden and Christine laughed.

"I think all of us wishes that."Christine said and the two of them laughed.

"Aside from scrubs, I don't know what else I wear from my closet."Meryl said, still laughing.

"They are inviting us for a party of the pediatrics department."Christine said and Meryl's forhead crease.

"Eeww, the weird guy is there. Not going."Meryl said and Christine laughed.