Favorite Scars II

It is the day after Pierce's surgery and Meryl needed to check on him to see his stitches and to ask what he is feeling. She gently knocked before going in and he found him already conscious.

"Hi, how are you feeling?"Meryl asked softly as she walk near him.

"A bit better."He answered and she smiled.

"Is it okay if I check your scar?"She asked and the nurse that she came in with helped her wear her gloves.

"Yeah, of course."Pierce said and she carefully pulled his hospital gown before gently removing the gauze bandage that's covering his stitches.

"That's a clean stitch right there."The nurse uttered that made Meryl softly giggle.

"You don't have to say it."Meryl said and Pierce is just staring at her as she start cleaning his wound.

"So you'll be here for the next days for us to monitor you. If you are feeling something odd, you have to inform us right away and just go easy on yourself because the recovery for your surgery will take a while."Meryl explained as she put fresh gauze badages over his wound.

"It's weird that my chest is hairless."Pierce said and Meryl softly giggled.

"Don't worry, you'll grow them back in about a year."Meryl said softly.

"Your wound is all clean."Meryl said and he smiled.

"Thank you."Pierce said and Meryl looked at him.

"You're welcome."Meryl said and Pierce held her hand.

"I didn't know you're this beautiful up close."Pierce said and Meryl's forehead creased.

"Beautiful?Almost two days without sleep and that's beautiful?I think you should get your eyes checked."Meryl said and Pierce softly giggled.

"No, my eyes are all good. It ain't lying."Pierce said and Meryl rolled her eyeballs.

"I need to go, I still have a surgery in about two hours. Just ring a nurse if you need anything."Meryl said and Pierce nodded.

"Thanks again, dr. Streep."Pierce said and Meryl chortled.

"Dr. Streep is too formal. Just call me Meryl if it's just here and outside the hospital."Meryl said and Pierce suddenly tucked some of her loose hair.

"Drop the mr. Brosnan then. You can call me Pierce."He said and she pursed her lips.

"I'll take note of that. I'll see you maybe on my rounds tonight."Meryl said and Pierce just nodded before she left the room.

"You have a connection, dr. Streep."The nurse she came in with uttered once they're out of the room.

"No. He is my patient, I am his doctor and that is it."Meryl said and the nurse softly giggled.

"We'll just pray that you two will be like you know, together."The nurse uttered and Meryl rolled her eyeballs.

"Please, don't tell me that you are going to tell dr. Baranski everything that you saw nurse Jamie."Meryl said as she drop her chart on the nurse's station.

"Tell me what?"A voice asked all of a sudden and it is Christine.

"I just wanna tell you dr. Baranski that dr. Streep kinda have a connection with her patient in 1022."Nurse Jamie uttered and it made Meryl do a facepalm.

"Hmm, if you two started dating, that's a combo right there. A doctor and a lawyer. Imagine how intelligent your off springs will become."Christine said and Meryl shook her head.