Best Friend II

I could've made you mine but no, it wasn't meant to be and see, I wasn't made for you and you weren't made for me though it seemed so easy...

--
"Meryl!Meryl!"A voice suddenly called for her as she start walking through the crowded sidewalk where the people that are still trying to get in the club is lined up while some are just smoking.

"Meryl!"A voice called for her again and that made her stop. She spun around to see who it is and it is Pierce.

"What are you doing here?You should've stayed with that girl."Meryl said as she start walking again and Pierce is now walking beside her.

"What happened?"Pierce asked.

"David just made me comfortable and my mood to party just went downhill."Meryl answered.

"What did he do?Did he touch you without your permission?Forced you to have sex with him?"Pierce asked and Meryl shook her head.

"He said that I look like I'm up for a fucking threesome!"Meryl exclaimed and Pierce stared laughing.

"Why?You are not?"Pierce asked and Meryl hit his arm.

"I don't do that, idiot!"Meryl answered and Pierce is still laughing.

"Stop laughing or I will kick your balls. I'm serious."Meryl said and Pierce stopped laughing but he is still smiling.

"Okay, calm down. Wanna get pizza?"Pierce asked as he put an arm around her shoulders.

"Yeah, and coffee with ice cream."Meryl answered.

"Just calm down. Let's just say that we both lost the bet."Pierce said and Meryl softly giggled.

"Can we also buy a bottle of vodka at the convience store?"Meryl asked all of a sudden.

"Okay, fine."Pierce answered. They headed to Meryl's apartment after they bought everything they need and Meryl changed into her comfortable house clothes which is her cotton shorts and her thin camisole with a pair of socks.

"Put some vodka in the coffee."Meryl said when she saw Pierce already making their coffee.

"You serious?"Pierce asked.

"I am serious."Meryl answered as she open the pizza box.

"Fine."Pierce said before grabbing the bottle of vodka.

"We're gonna die single. Where do you wanna live?Somewhere far from the city?In a farm?"Meryl asked all of a sudden that made Pierce laugh.

"In a place where we can have a total peace of mind."Pierce answered and he handed her-her cup of coffee with vodka and ice cream.

"I dress myself in revealing clothes but that doesn't mean I am asking to have a fucking threesome or even sex. I want a boyfriend but nobody wants me."Meryl uttered while chewing her pizza and Pierce softly giggled.

"It is because a woman like you is too much for them to handle. And because men nowadays think that handling a girlfriend that will become their "puppy" is better."Pierce said and Meryl frowned.

"Am I too much to handle?"Meryl asked.

"Yeah, you are."Pierce answered and a tear escaped her eye.

"But look at me, I've been handling your attitude for almost seven years now, if I can do that, then there is a man for you that is also willing to handle a strong woman like you."Pierce said and tears just started rolling down her cheeks.

"Why are you crying?!"Pierce asked and Meryl buried her face on her palms.

"Because I'm almost thirty and I don't have a boyfriend."Meryl cried and Pierce started laughing.