Best Friend III

Love someone for loving you instead of someone really cool...

--
Pierce just watched Meryl leave for her date and even if it hurt him that she said that, he just kept mum because she is still his best friend and all he have to do is understand.

For the next days, Pierce tried her best to ignore Meryl because of what happened and Meryl noticed that and she is not used to that. The guilt of pushing him away suddenly started creeping up her stomach and the only way for them to go back to normal is to apologize so she decided to make some coffee with ice cream even though Pierce is better in doing it and she went to his apartment right away.

She knocked a couple of times hoping that he will open the door for her but it made her jaw drop when it isn't him.

"Hi, I'm Lana, Pierce is in the bathroom at the moment. Who are you?"The person asked right away.

"I-I'm uhmm I'm Meryl. Just tell him I'll come back in some other time. Sorry."Meryl answered before going back to her apartment.

She went to her kitchen to clean the mugs that she used and she don't know why but this is the first time that she is affected that a girl is at his place. Meryl just spent the rest of her night watching a movie until she fell asleep.

The next day, Meryl sent a message to Pierce before she went to work and she is not feeling her usual self. She headed home after a whole day of just work and to her surprise, Pierce in her kitchen.

"Hey."Meryl greeted and Pierce looked at her.

"Hey, Lana said that you went to my apartment last night."Pierce said and Meryl sat on one of the kitchen stools.

"Uhmm yeah, I thought you were alone but it's fine."Meryl said softly.

"What brought you there?"Pierce asked as he hand her a cup of coffee with ice cream.

"I just wanna apologize for what I said. I know I became insensitive and I'm sure I hurt your feelings."Meryl answered and Pierce sat beside her.

"How did your date go?"Pierce asked and Meryl looked at him.

"Pierce, do you accept my apology?"Meryl asked and Pierce laughed.

"Meryl, you are still my best friend and I know when you are having an outburst."Pierce said and Meryl smiled.

"So tell me, how did your date went?Did you guys did it on the first date?"Pierce asked and Meryl laughed.

"No we did not but he is a good guy and we've been exchanging texts since our date which is a good sign. How about you and uhmm Lana?"Meryl asked.

"It is also going well. I am glad that she agreed on meeting up with me even if I left her at the bar."Pierce answered and Meryl gasped.

"She is the one you're talking to at the bar?"Meryl asked and Pierce nodded with a hum.

"How about let's do like a double date?So that you can get to know Dennis and I can get to know Lana."Meryl suggested.

"That's a good idea. How about this Saturday?"Pierce asked.

"Okay, I'll tell him."Meryl answered.

"By the way, we will go out later for dinner. Wanna come?"Meryl asked.

"With the girls?"Pierce asked and Meryl nodded with a hum.

"I'll try because Lana and I are going somewhere a little bit later."Pierce said and Meryl slowly nodded.

When dinner came, Meryl headed to the restaurant alone and when she got there, her girlfriends became confuse.

"Hey, where's Pierce?"One of her girlfriends asked right away.