Beautiful Mistake III

"Hi, this is Corrine Walton and I just wanna invite you for lunch tomorrow?Just the two of us."

Meryl's eyes went round after reading the message and she looked at Christine right away.

"Corrine texted me."Meryl said and Christine's forehead creased.

"What does she want from you?"Christine asked.

"She is inviting me to lunch, just the two of us."Meryl answered.

"Why would she invite you?"Christine asked and Meryl shrugged her shoulders.

"And are you going?"Christine asked.

"Uhmm yes. I mean, she is the girlfriend like, I don't wanna look like a bad guy to her."Meryl answered.

"You are never the bad guy. Even if it was a drunken mistake, you will never be the bad guys because Pierce also wanted it."Christine said and Meryl nodded with a hum.

"But maybe I'll just go. I mean, it's just a lunch."Meryl uttered.

"It's your choice, Meryl."Christine said and Meryl nodded.

"I'm craving for chicken all of a sudden."Meryl uttered and Christine laughed.

The next day, Meryl made a decision that she knows she will regret and when lunch time came, she headed to the restaurant that Corrine reserved for the two of them.

"Good afternoon, ma'am, reservation?"The lady at the reception area asked right away.

"Uhmm reservation for uhmm Corrine Walton?"Meryl asked and the woman typed something on the computer before looking back at Meryl.

"Oh, you're ms. Walton's conpany today, your table is straight ahead. Ms. Walton will arrive in a few."The lady said and Meryl nodded with a smile.

"Thank you."Meryl said before walking to their table.

"Hi, sorry, I'm late, we still had a meeting for our new line

"Hi, sorry, I'm late, we still had a meeting for our new line."A voice suddenly uttered and it is Corrine.

"Hi, it's fine. Thank you for inviting me. It's super fancy here."Meryl said with a giggle.

"Is it your first time going to a place like this?"Corrine asked.

"Uhmm no. I think I've been to a place similar to this, once."Meryl answered.

"You should get used to it or your baby should get used to it because when he or she is already born, Pierce is going to take him or her to places like this."Corrine said and Meryl nodded.

"By the way, I asked you to come have lunch with because I wanna talk to you about a couple of things."Corrine started and Meryl hummed.