I 27: K E I T H S H A D I S

27

K E I T H S H A D I S

❝𝗧𝗵𝗮𝘁'𝘀 𝗻𝗼𝘁 𝘄𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗜 𝗵𝗲𝗮𝗿𝗱❞

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

ʸ/ⁿ'ˢ ᵖᵒᵛ

"Where the fuck are you brat?"

"Sheesh Levi, I'm coming, I lost track of time. Be there in five" I hanged up, running a bit more faster to arrive at my destination sooner.

Today's the day the tea shop's finally operating again. They decided to make a small re-opening ceremony, to at least announce that the tea shop's finally open for business again.

I arrived there soon after. I recognize some of the people as regulars at the tea shop, and some new faces. I could barely see Hanji's frantic waving and Levi's angry glare at me.

I squeezed my way through the crowd, trying to get to the front, bumping into people on the way.

Levi and Hanji wanted me to be a part of the opening since I helped them decorate the place, and gave some tips on their baked goods. I appreciate the offer of cutting the small ribbon, but denied since I just helped like any person would.

I felt like a proud mom seeing both of their faces beaming with happiness and excitement. Hanji was obviously showing it. Levi however, the opposite. But you could see it in his eyes, the joy and pride swirling in them.

My smile faltered a bit, now that Levi's back on track, our time together will be cut short. Levi noticed my fallen expression, and gave me a look that says: 'we'll talk later'.

After people rushed and ordered their food, I waved at them and left, walking towards the book shop.

I fished for my keys in my bag, and inserting in into the hole, only to find out that the door is open. Did Petra forget to close the door? Or is someone else inside?

I gripped my keys in a defensive hold, trying to prepare myself to whoever is it.

I pushed the door open, only to see a man by the counter. Gulping silently, I mustered up the courage and yelled, "HEY! What are you doing here? How did you get in?"

The man jumped, and clutched his chest. My heart thumped louder as he came closer. He stepped into the light.

It was just Mr. Shadis.

Mr. Shadis is the original owner of the bookshop, since he's getting old, he wanted to hire people so he could have his rest. Both mine and Petra's Father knew him, so he asked us if we wanted to work for him.

"Oh, Good morning sir, What brings you here?" He's intimidating as fuck, but I gave my best smile.

"Hm, Nothing, I've just been getting complaints from customers in your shifts this month." He sneered.

Complaints? What? I've done my best with this job, since it's really hard to find one these days.

I racked my brain for times where I messed up, but alas, none.